- Dimensionally stable Taconic TLY-5
- Fabricated through the advancement of technologies
- More than 10 years of Taconic TLY-5 manufacturing experience
- Professional customer service
How Do You Test the Properties of the Taconic tly-5 PCB?
Before using Taconic tly-5A laminates to produce printed circuit boards, we must test the Taconic tly-5A laminates for correct characteristics to ensure the quality of the boards.
The following are the properties of Taconic tly-5A laminates tested.
IPC-650 184.108.40.206 Testing the Dielectric Constant (DK)
IPC-650 220.127.116.11 Testing moisture absorption rate
IPC-650 2.5.6 Testing insulation breakdown
ASTM D149 Test for dielectric strength
IPC-650 2.4.4 Test of bending strength
UL-94 Test for flammability rating
Can you mix Taconic tly-5 with other PCB materials for hybrid multilayer PCBs?
Yes, you can mix Taconic tly-5 with other PCB materials for hybrid multilayer PCBs. In many hybrid multilayer printed circuit boards, although a unique circuit fabrication process is required, these materials are generally compatible.
Hybrid multilayer printed circuit boards using multilayer Taconic tly-5 and other materials are common. These the mix of materials will help you improve the reliability of your PCB, then you can get the excellent quality PCB.
How does Taconic tly-5 compare to Taconic CER-10?
-Taconic tly-5: –Taconic CER-10:
Dielectric constant @10GHz is 2.20 Dielectric constant (nominal) is 10
Dissipation factor 0.0009 at 10GHz Dissipation factor @10GHz is 0.0035
Hygroscopicity is less than 0.02 Moisture absorption rate is 0.02
Dielectric breakdown rate is ＞60 Dielectric Breakdown 44
Arc resistance greater than 180 Arc resistance greater than 180
Peel Strength (1oz Copper) of 12 Peel Strength (1oz Copper) is 1.61
Thermal conductivity is 0.22 Thermal conductivity is 0.63
UL-94 flammability is V-O UL-94 Flammability for V-O
Venture is a manufacturer of high-quality Taconic TLY-5 that is dimensionally stable. It is also equipped with high peel strength. For more optimized performance, we manufactured Taconic TLY-5 that is laser ablative.
Because of its advanced features, our Taconic TLY-5 is applicable for:
- automotive radar
- power amplifiers
Your LeadingTaconic TLY-5 Supplier in China
Venture manufactures Taconic TLY-5 laminates are manufactured with woven lightweight fiberglass. Our Taconic TLY-5 also has a woven matrix that able us to yield more stable laminate.
The low dissipation factor of our Taconic TLY-5 allows it to be suitable for any automotive radar applications that are designed for 77 GHz and other antennas.
As a professional manufacturer, our Taconic TLY-5 can give you a better laser hole quality. It is also manufactured with optimized flexibility. It is designed specifically for antenna fabrication with some curvature.
We manufacture Taconic TLY-5 with more advanced features that can give more valuable benefits. Some of our Taconic TLY-5 benefits include:
- dimensionally stable
- laser ablative
- lowest DF
- uniform, consistent DK
- high peel strength
- low moisture absorption
Because of its optimized features, our Taconic TLY-5 can be best suitable for applications like satellite communications. These are also best for automotive radars and filters.
Moreover, our Taconic TLY-5 can be best applicable for phased array antennas, avionics, couplers, filters, aerospace, power amplifiers, LNBs, LNAs, and LNCs.
Are you looking for a reliable manufacturer of Taconic TLY-5 in China? Venture is your best choice! We can give you the best quality Taconic TLY-5 that will suit your PCB requirements.
Venture offers high-quality customer service, engineering, and production. Besides, we also guarantee competitive pricing. Plus, a flexible payment term is also offered to support you without the minimum order required.
Venture is known as a professional manufacturer of Taconic TLY-5 in China for more than 1o years. By providing 2 hours of rapid response, 24/7 tech and sales support team, and great after-sales service, Venture will be your best Taconic TLY-5 manufacturer!
If you are a retailer, electrical engineer, or maker, Venture can give you the best deals for every Taconic TLY-5 orders! Venture always aim to support your business or project!
For more inquiries, contact us directly!
Taconic Tly-5: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Before you import Taconic Tly-5 for your PCB fabrication needs, read this guide.
It has all information you’re looking for about these Taconic PCB materials.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What is Taconic Tly-5?
- What are the Applications of Taconic Tly-5?
- What are the Typical Values of Taconic Tly -5?
- Are there other available Sheet Size Options for Taconic Tly-5?
- What are the Benefits of Taconic Tly-5?
- What is the Thickness of Taconic Tly-5?
- What Materials are useful in Cladding Taconic Tly-5?
- What is the Solder Mask process for Taconic Tly-5?
- How do you drill Holes on Taconic Tly-5 before Plating?
- What are the Features of Taconic Tly-5?
- What should you Consider when Choosing Taconic Tly-5?
- Are there Limitations for Taconic Tly-5?
- What does the PCB Lamination Process Entail?
- What Determines the Thickness of Taconic Tly-5?
- Is Taconic Tly-5 suitable for High-frequency PCBs?
- Why do you Reinforce Taconic Tly-5 with Glass Fabric?
- How do you Choose the Glass Fabric used in Taconic Tly-5?
- How do you Prevent Damage and Deformation of Taconic Tly-5?
- What is the Importance of Copper Foil used in Taconic tly-5?
- How do you Choose Copper Foil Type for Taconic Tly-5?
- How much do Taconic Tly-5 cost?
What is Taconic Tly-5?
Taconic tly-5 is a type of Taconic laminates known for dimensional stability, high peel strength and efficiency.
They have a dielectric constant of 2.20, a dielectric thickness of .0050.”
What are the Applications of Taconic Tly-5?
You can use Taconic tly-5 in any of the following:
- Automotive radars
- Satellite communications
- Cellular communications
- Power amplifiers
- LNBs, LNAS, and LNCs.
- Aerospace, just to mention a few
What are the Typical Values of Taconic Tly -5?
Typical values of Taconic tly-5 include:
- Taconic tly-5 have a Dielectric constant @10GHz of 2.20
- Taconic tly-5 have a dissipation factor @10GHz of 0.0009
- They have a moisture absorption of less than 0.02
- They have a dielectric breakdown greater than 60
- They have a volume resistivity of 10
- They have a surface resistivity of 10
- They have an arc resistance of greater than 180
- They have a flexural strength lengthwise greater than 12000
- They have a flexural strength clockwise greater than 10000
- They have a peel strength (1oz copper) of 12
- They have thermal conductivity is 0.22
- They have UL-94 flammability is V-O.
Are there other available Sheet Size Options for Taconic Tly-5?
Yes, there are other available sheet size options, which include:
- 12” by 18”(304mm by 457mm)
- 16” by 18” (406mm by 457mm)
- 18” by 24” (457mm by 610mm)
- 16” by 36” (406mm by 914mm)
- 24” by 36” (610mm by 914mm)
- 18” by 48” (457mm by 1220mm)
What are the Benefits of Taconic Tly-5?
Benefits of Taconic tly-5 include:
- Taconic tly-5 contributes to excellent mechanical and thermal properties.
- Taconic tly-5 is dimensionally stable.
- They are appropriate for low layer count microwave designs.
- Taconic tly-5 has low moisture absorption.
- Taconic tly-5 has the lowest Df.
- They have high peel strength.
- Taconic tly-5 are laser abatable.
- Taconic tly-5 is uniform and has a consistent DK.
What is the Thickness of Taconic Tly-5?
The typical thicknesses for Taconic tly-5 vary depending on the inches as follows:
Taconic tly-5 with 0.0035 inches has a thickness of 0.09mm.
Taconic tly-5 with 0.0050 inches has a thickness of 0.13mm.
Taconic tly-5 with 0.0075 inches has a thickness of 0.19mm.
Taconic tly-5 with 0.00100 inches has a thickness of 0.25mm.
Taconic tly-5 with 0.00200 inches has a thickness of 0.51mm.
Taconic tly-5 with 0.00300 inches has a thickness of 0.76mm.
Taconic tly-5 with 0.00600 inches has a thickness of 1.52mm.
What Materials are useful in Cladding Taconic Tly-5?
Materials used for cladding Taconic tly-5 include:
What is the Solder Mask process for Taconic Tly-5?
The solder mask process for Taconic tly-5 entails:
Diffrerent colors of PCB
i. Define of circuitry pattern by etching the panels.
ii. Allow the plated etch panel to rest on the board throughout the inspection processes.
ii. This inspection will also serve to prevent the contamination of copper on the surface.
iii. Before removing the metallic etch, you should set up the solder mask application process.
iv. Strip the copper surfaces to remove all impurities such as esbats lead or tin.
v. Provide enough surfaces for the adhesion of solder mask to copper surfaces.
You can achieve the solder mask adhesion by chemically cleaning and making the copper surface rough using an acid.
vi. Dry the panels immensely well.
vii. Let the panels cool at room temperature for about five to ten minutes, and then immediately apply the solder mask.
viii. Review the manufacturer’s instructions and base on them to cure and bake the solder mask.
ix. For the second side of the Taconic tly-5, repeat the process beginning with number V.
How do you drill Holes on Taconic Tly-5 before Plating?
The following process will help you drill hole on Taconic Tly-5 PCB:
1) Sodium Treatment
Sodium treatment involves the treatment of the drilled hole using a sodium based chemical.
This method is extensively used in industries.
You should bake for 1 hour at a temperature of 121 degrees Celsius to eliminate any moisture absorbed during the treatment.
Advantages of sodium treatment include:
- The hole wall treatment grants the Taconic tly-5 a longer shelf life.
- You can achieve faster treatment time.
- There is full coverage of the Taconic tly-5.
2) Plasma Etching
Plasma etching involves subjecting the hole to plasma treatment.
You will use hydrogen and nitrogen gas mixture.
Also, ensure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and the recommended treatment process.
You should bake for 1 hour at a temperature of 121 degrees Celsius to eliminate any moisture absorbed during the treatment.
What are the Features of Taconic Tly-5?
Some features of Taconic tly-5 include:
- Most of them have glass woven glass reinforcements.
- They mostly have low cost, high volume applications.
- They have an excellent peel length.
- They have high-frequency performance.
- They are dimensionally stable.
- They have cladding on one or both sides.
- They undergo a flammability test.
What should you Consider when Choosing Taconic Tly-5?
The following factors should be put into consideration when choosing Taconic tly-5:
- Glass transition temperature: This is the temperature at which high molecular weight materials change from a glass state to a viscous rubber state.
It is essential to put the temperature into consideration.
This is because the rigid Taconic tly-5 will stop working at this temperature and begin to soften.
- Thermal decomposition temperature: It varies depending on the type of PCB material.
For many epoxy systems, the temperature ranges between 300 degrees Celsius to 400 degrees Celsius. It is also the same temperature range for flexible Taconic tly-5 materials.
- Dielectric constant: this refers to the rate at which an electric signal travels in a dielectric material.
For high rate transmission, PCB boards must use laminates with a low Dk to achieve high frequency.
- Thermal expansion: thermal expansion refers to the ability to change its appearance due to a temperature change.
Taconic tly-5 may change their shape, area, or volume when the temperature exceeds the Tg value.
- Thermal conductivity: this is the ability of a material to conduct heat.
When choosing Taconic tly-5, consider those with copper and aluminum.
They have high thermal conductivity.
- RoHS compliant: this refers to the ‘green’ requirement driven by market considerations and policies.
Are there Limitations for Taconic Tly-5?
Limitations for Taconic tly-5 include:
- Processing high-performance Taconic laminates is not a simple business. It can lead to an increased cost of the final product.
- Taconic tly-5 requires massive investment and technical expertise.
What does the PCB Lamination Process Entail?
The PCB lamination process will vary depending on different types of PCBs and lamination specifications.
You can take a look at this:
· Double-sided PCBs
For double-sided PCBs, the lamination process is quite like other types of PCBs.
You should laminate a double-sided PCB panel using dry resist layer.
It should be photosensitive.
· Multilayer PCBs
Multilayer PCBs can either be thin etched boards or trace layers.
Either way, they both need bonding bay lamination.
Taconic laminates for multilayer PCB follows this procedure:
i. The internal layers of the multilayer PCB are usually subjected to an extreme temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Also, it requires a pressure of between 275 to 400 psi.
ii. The multilayer PCB can cure as the temperature is kept high.
iii. Finally, slowly release the heat and cool the lamination material.
· Sequential Lamination
This lamination technology is useful if the PCB has two or more subsets.
After creating the subsets using a separate process, Interpose a dielectric substance between each pair of subsets.
Once done, carry out standard manufacturing procedures.
You should choose a lamination process that is suitable for the intricacies of your application.
What Determines the Thickness of Taconic Tly-5?
You can get the thickness of Taconic tly-5 using fabric and density weight calculation.
You should expect to get some variance in your calculation, as much as five percent.
Total weight is the most probable way of finding total Taconic tly-5 thickness.
A single fabric may possess a different finished weight.
This may bring about a variation in the thickness of the final product.
Therefore, to determine the accurate thickness of Taconic tly-5, you should always base your analysis on the final total weight.
Is Taconic Tly-5 suitable for High-frequency PCBs?
Yes, Taconic tly-5 materials and many hybrid builds are often compatible.
This makes them suitable for high-frequency PCBs.
Why do you Reinforce Taconic Tly-5 with Glass Fabric?
You should reinforce Taconic Tly-5 with glass fabric due the following reasons:
- To increase the stability in the X and Y axis and increased stiffness.
- The glass fabric has a high-temperature resistance.
- It is resistant to chemical corrosion.
- Glass fabric has good stability, high strength, plus good mechanical properties.
- It has a high insulation property.
- It is anti-static and has ultraviolet proof.
- Glass fabric is heat resistant and fireproof.
How do you Choose the Glass Fabric used in Taconic Tly-5?
The choice of fiberglass used in Taconic tly-5 will depend on:
- Thickness that the fiberglass fabric will contribute to the finished Taconic laminate.
- Amount of resin that the fiberglass holds for filling and bonding.
- Thickness of the circuit board.
- The stiffness of the circuit board.
- Dielectric constant.
- CTE control
- Dimensional stability.
- The cost.
How do you Prevent Damage and Deformation of Taconic Tly-5?
You should observe the following:
- Do not scrub the material mechanically as this will stretch and deform it.
To avoid this, use chemical cleaning to achieve dimensional accuracy of the process and prevent distortion.
- It is not recommended to lift a Taconic laminate on one side as you may cause the material to slide or stretch the copper.
You should lift the Taconic Tly-5 using the two parallel edges.
- Prevent contaminant deposits and staining on the Taconic laminate by handling it using protective gloves and slip sheets.
- Do not put Taconic laminates on top of each other to avoid debris on the surface of the laminate.
What is the Importance of Copper Foil used in Taconic tly-5?
Some of the benefits of using copper foil on Taconic tly-5 include:
- It is used to carry signals from one part of the PCB to another.
- It serves as power and ground layers.
- It interconnects the various devices in the PCB, inputs, and outputs that make the PCB work in its application.
- The copper foil helps to carry away unwanted heat from power devices.
How do you Choose Copper Foil Type for Taconic Tly-5?
The copper foil type or weight will be dependent on the following factors:
- Power handling requirements: The board’s power handling requirements will determine the type of copper foil to use.
For high power applications, you should use thick copper foil.
Use the thin copper foils should if you have lower power applications.
- Size and spacing: use thinner copper foil when the lines spacing is narrow.
Sweeping lines and broader spacing, on the other hand, will require thicker copper foil.
- Characteristics impedance and loss of line: the cross-sectional area of the copper foil affects Taconic laminate thickness, and its dialectic constant.
- Heat: the amount of heat requirement will determine the copper foil type or weight.
This is even critical for inner layers.
Thicker copper foils have a higher capacity to dissipate heat as compared to thinner copper foils.
How much do Taconic Tly-5 cost?
Taconic tly-5 costs will vary depending on lamination, material categories, stability, and material category.
The price of Taconic tly-5 ranges between $20 and $50 per piece.
Once you consider everything I have mentioned in this guide, you will definitely get high-performance Taconic Tly-5 material.