Is Taconic CER-10 suitable for High-frequency PCBs?
Of course, Taconic CER-10 is suitable for high frequency boards in production, and Taconic CER-10 materials and many hybrid structures are generally compatible, making their boards perfectly suitable for making high frequency PCBs.
If you can choose to involve material suppliers and PCB manufacturers in the production of special PCB manufacturing processes, it will help your circuit boards and improve the quality of the overall product.
Apart from Taconic CER-10, what other Taconic Laminates from Venture?
In addition to Taconic CER-10 PCB sheets, at veture we can also supply other types of Taconic laminates including the following:
-Taconic tly-5: It has a 2.20 dielectric constant, 0.0050” dielectric thickness, dimensionally stable, high peel strength Taconic laminate.
-Taconic tly-5A: It has a dielectric constant of 2.17 and a dielectric thickness of 0.0310″ and is a special type of Taconic laminate with very high dimensional stability and high peel strength.
-Taconic RF-35: is an organic ceramic type laminate, reinforced with a glass weave for use on high performance PCBs.
What are the Quality Standards for Taconic CER-10 PCB Material?
At Venture, all PCBs meet the quality standards, some of the quality standards for Taconic CER-10
PCB materials include the following:
European Union’s Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) standard
UL rating UL certification
Military performance certification: Mil-PRF-31032
Most products are manufactured to IPC 6013 Class III standards
IPC-A-600G (Acceptability of Printed Boards) Class 1 and Class 2 Classification
IPC-A-610 Revision D/E Class 1
ISO9001: 2008 ISO14001 IATF16949
Venture is an expert Chinese manufacturer of Taconic CER-10 for over 10 years now. Because of our expertise in this field, we are able to manufacture high-quality Taconic CER-10. We supply Taconic CER-10 that features exceptional interlaminar bond.
Additionally, we can provide you Taconic CER-10 lots of benefits. Our Taconic CER-10 can offer you the following benefits:
- Circuit board miniaturization
- Low Z-axis expansion
- Low moisture absorption
- Increased flexural strength
- Enhanced dimensional stability
Your Leading Taconic CER-10 Supplier in China
Venture can supply you the best quality Taconic CER-10. Our Taconic CER-10 is a DK-10 organic-ceramic laminate. Venture Taconic CER-10 is also fabricated with the reinforcement of a woven glass.
Our Taconic CER-10 can give you excellent solder resistance. We also supply Taconic CER-10 that features great interlaminar bond strength.
We also manufacture Taconic CER-10 with proprietary composition. This allows our Taconic CER-10 to provide uniform electrical properties and low-moisture absorption.
Aside from that, our top-quality Taconic CER-10 with an enhanced dimensional stability. It also has a stable DK over frequency.
Our premium quality Taconic CER-10 is optimized with more advanced features. Because of that, our Taconic CER-10 can offer increased flexural strength and circuit board miniaturization.
With that, Venture Taconic CER-10 can be best suitable for the following applications:
- Passive components
- Power amplifiers
Venture specializes in manufacturing Taconic CER-10 for more than 10 years. By providing excellent services, we became the most trusted supplier of Taconic CER-10 by thousands of customers around the world.
If you are a retailer of Taconic CER-10 or system integrator looking for a top-quality Taconic CER-10, Venture is your best manufacturer!
We can offer you great deals if you purchase Taconic CER-10 from us. Venture provides high-quality Taconic CER-10 at an affordable rate.
Besides affordable rates, Venture also offer Taconic CER-10 orders with flexible payment terms. We also provide no MOQ to support you.
Venture is equipped with advanced facilities and Taconic CER-10 manufacturing tools. Therefore, you can assure that our Taconic CER-10 is authentic and overall functional.
Purchase your Taconic CER-10 orders at Venture! Contact our customer service today!
Taconic CER-10: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
This guide answers all questions you have been asking about Taconic CER-10 PCB.
So, if you want to be an expert in these Taconic laminates, read this guide.
- What is Taconic CER 10?
- What are the Benefits of Taconic CER-10?
- What are the Applications of Taconic CER-10?
- What are the Characteristics of Taconic CER-10?
- How much does Taconic CER-10 Cost?
- What is the Dielectric Constant and Dissipation Factor of Taconic CER-10?
- What is the Thickness of Taconic CER-10?
- What are the Available Sheet Sizes for Taconic CER-10?
- What are the Typical Values of Taconic CER-10?
- What Materials are used in Cladding CER-10?
- How do you Drill Holes on Taconic CER-10 before Plating?
- What is the Solder Mask Process for Taconic CER-10?
- What should you Consider when Choosing Taconic CER-10?
- What are the Limitations of Taconic CER-10?
- What does the PCB Lamination Process entail?
- Why are Taconic CER-10 Reinforced with Glass Fabric?
- How do you Choose the Glass Fabric used in Taconic CER-10?
- What is the Importance of Copper Foil used in Taconic CER-10?
- How do you Choose Copper Foil Type for Taconic CER-10?
- How do you Prevent Damage and Deformation of Taconic CER-10?
- What are the other Types of Taconic Laminates?
- Can you Mix Taconic CER-10 with other PCB Materials for Hybrid Multilayer PCB?
- How do you Process Taconic CER-10 for Multilayer PCB?
- Can you V score Taconic CER-10?
- What is the Recommended Press Cycle for Taconic CER-10?
What is Taconic CER 10?
Taconic CER-10 is a type of organic ceramic laminate made of woven glass reinforcement and coated with fiberglass.
It has a high bond strength and solder resistance.
As a result, it has low moisture absorption with uniform electrical properties.
Taconic PCB for microwave
What are the Benefits of Taconic CER-10?
Benefits of Taconic CER-10 include:
- Taconic CER-10 has a unique interlaminar bond.
- Taconic CER-10 has improved dimensional stability.
- It possesses increased flexural strength.
- Taconic CER-10 has a stable dielectric constant over frequency.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Low expansion of the Z-axis.
- Circuit board miniaturization.
- It exhibits solder resistance.
- Taconic CER-10 contributes to excellent mechanical and thermal properties.
- They are appropriate for low layer count microwave designs.
- Taconic CER-10 has the lowest Df.
- Taconic CER-10 is laser abatable.
What are the Applications of Taconic CER-10?
Applications of Taconic CER-10 include:
- Taconic CER-10 is used in power amplifiers.
- It is used in making passive components.
- It is used in filters.
- It is used in couplers.
What are the Characteristics of Taconic CER-10?
Some of the characteristics of Taconic CER-10 include:
- Most of them have glass woven glass reinforcements.
- They have a special interlaminar bond.
- Suitable for low cost, high volume applications
- They have an excellent flexural length.
- Taconic CER-10 have high-frequency performance.
- They are dimensionally stable.
- Taconic CER-10 has cladding on one or both sides.
- They undergo a flammability test.
How much does Taconic CER-10 Cost?
Taconic CER-10 costs will vary depending on lamination, material categories, and stability.
The price of Taconic CER-10 ranges between $25 to $100 per piece.
What is the Dielectric Constant and Dissipation Factor of Taconic CER-10?
The dielectric constant and dissipation factor of Taconic CER-10 include:
- Dielectric constant: 10.0 nominal +/0.50.
- Dissipation factor: 0.0035.
What is the Thickness of Taconic CER-10?
The typical thicknesses for Taconic CER-10 vary depending on the inches as follows:
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.0250 inches has a thickness of 0.64mm.
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.0300 inches has a thickness of 0.76mm.
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.0470 inches has a thickness of 1.19mm.
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.0500 inches has a thickness of 1.27mm.
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.0620 inches has a thickness of 1.58mm.
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.0750 inches has a thickness of 1.91 mm.
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.1000 inches has a thickness of 2.54mm.
- Taconic CER-10 with 0.1250 inches has a thickness of 3.18 mm.
What are the Available Sheet Sizes for Taconic CER-10?
Available sheet sizes options for Taconic CER-10 include:
- 12” by 18” (304mm by 457mm)
- 16” by 18” (406mm by 457mm)
- 18” by 24” (457mm by 610mm)
What are the Typical Values of Taconic CER-10?
Typical values of Taconic CER-10 include:
- Taconic CER-10 have a dielectric constant (nominal) of 10
- Taconic CER-10 have a dissipation factor @10GHz of 0.0035
- Moisture absorption is 0.02
- Dielectric breakdown of 44
- Volume resistivity of 2.1 by ten power 8
- Surface resistivity of 1.1 by ten power 9
- Arc resistance of greater than 180
- Flexural strength (MD) of 114
- Flexural strength (CD) of 107
- Tensile strength (MD) of 53
- Tensile strength (CD) of 46
- Peel strength (1oz copper) of 1.61
- Dimensional stability (MD) of -0.0002
- Dimensional stability (CD) of -0.0003
- Density (specific gravity) of 3.05
- Thermal conductivity is 0.63
- UL-94 flammability of V-O.
- CTE (x-y) of 13-15
- CTE(z) of 46
- Outgassing (% TML) of 0.02
- Outgassing (% CVCM) of 0.01
- Outgassing (% WVR) of 0.01
What Materials are used in Cladding CER-10?
Materials used for cladding Taconic CER-10 include:
How do you Drill Holes on Taconic CER-10 before Plating?
It would be best if you subjected Drilled holes to the following processes before plating:
· Sodium Treatment
Sodium treatment involves the treatment of the drilled hole using a sodium-based chemical.
This method is extensively used in industries.
You should bake for 1 hour at a temperature of 121 degrees Celsius to eliminate any moisture absorbed during the treatment.
Advantages of sodium treatment include:
- The hole wall treatment grants the Taconic CER-10 a longer shelf life.
- You can achieve faster treatment time.
- There is full coverage of the Taconic CER-10.
· Plasma Etching
Plasma etching involves subjecting the hole to plasma treatment using hydrogen and nitrogen gas mixture.
You should ensure that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and the recommended treatment process.
You should bake for 1 hour at a temperature of 121 degrees Celsius to eliminate any moisture absorbed during the treatment.
What is the Solder Mask Process for Taconic CER-10?
The solder mask process for Taconic CER-10 entails:
I. Define of circuitry pattern by etching the panels.
II. Allow the plated etch panel to rest to remain on the board throughout the inspection processes.
This inspection will also serve to prevent the contamination of copper on the surface.
III. Before removing the metallic etch, you should set up the solder mask application process.
IV. Strip the copper surfaces to remove all impurities such as lead or tin.
V. Provide enough surfaces for the adhesion of solder mask to copper surfaces.
The adhesion of the solder mask is achieved by chemically cleaning and making the copper surface rough using an acid.
VI. Dry the panels immensely well.
VII. Let the panels cool at room temperature for about five to ten minutes, and then immediately apply the solder mask.
VIII. Review the manufacturer’s instructions and base on them to cure and bake the solder mask.
IX. For the second side of the Taconic CER-10, repeat the process beginning with number V.
What should you Consider when Choosing Taconic CER-10?
You should put the following factors into consideration when choosing Taconic CER-10:
- Glass transition temperature; this is the temperature at which high molecular weight materials change from a glass state to a viscous rubber state.
It is essential to put the temperature into consideration because the rigid Taconic CER-10 will stop acting at this temperature.
It will begin to soften.
- Thermal decomposition temperature: thermal decomposition temperature is different basing on the components of the PCBs.
- Dielectric constant: this refers to the rate at which an electric signal travels in a dielectric material.
For high rate transmission, PCB boards must use laminates with a low Dk to achieve high frequency.
- Thermal expansion: thermal expansion refers to the ability to change its appearance due to a temperature change.
Taconic CER-10 is therefore prone to change their shape, area, or volume when the temperature exceeds the Tg value.
- Thermal conductivity: this is the ability of a material to conduct heat.
When choosing Taconic CER-10, consider those with copper and aluminum as they have high thermal conductivity.
What are the Limitations of Taconic CER-10?
Limitations for Taconic CER-10 include:
- Processing high-performance Taconic CER-10 is not a simple business. It can lead to an increased cost of the final product.
- Taconic CER-10 requires massive investment and significant commitment to capital and engineering expertise by producers.
What does the PCB Lamination Process entail?
The PCB lamination process will vary depending on the different types of PCBs and lamination specifications.
Let’s take a look:
1. Double-sided PCBs
For double-sided PCBs, the lamination process is quite like other types of PCBs.
The double-sided PCB panel will be laminated using a dry resist layer that is photosensitive.
The process should take place under extreme temperature and pressure.
2. Multilayer PCBs
Multilayer boards can be either thin etched boards or trace layers.
Either way, both need bonding bay lamination.
Processing Taconic CER-10 for multilayer PCB follows the following procedure:
i. The internal layers of the multilayer PCB are usually subjected to an extreme temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit and a pressure of between 275 to 400 psi.
ii. The multilayer PCB can cure, while keeping the temperature high.
iii. Finally, allow the lamination material to cool gradually.
3. Sequential Lamination
This lamination technology is useful if the PCB has two or more subsets.
After creating the subsets using a separate process, interpose a dielectric substance between each pair of subsets.
Once done, carry out standard manufacturing procedures.
You should choose a lamination process that is suitable for the intricacies of your application.
Why are Taconic CER-10 Reinforced with Glass Fabric?
Taconic PCB Material
Taconic CER-10 is reinforced with glass fabric due to the following reasons:
- To increase the stability in the X and Y axis alongside increased stiffness.
- The glass fabric has a high-temperature resistance.
- It is resistant to chemical corrosion.
- Glass fabric has good stability, high strength, plus good mechanical properties.
- It has a high insulation property.
- It is anti-static and has ultraviolet proof.
- Glass fabric is heat resistant and fireproof.
How do you Choose the Glass Fabric used in Taconic CER-10?
The choice of glass fabric used in Taconic CER-10 will depend on:
- The thickness that the fiberglass fabric will contribute to the finished Taconic CER-10.
- The amount of resin that the fiberglass holds for filling and bonding.
- It would help if you consider the thickness of the circuit board.
- It would be best if you consider the stiffness of the circuit board.
- The dielectric constant.
- The CTE control
- Dimensional stability.
- The cost.
What is the Importance of Copper Foil used in Taconic CER-10?
Some of the benefits of using copper foil on Taconic CER-10 include:
- It is used to carry signals from one part of the PCB to another.
- It serves as power and ground layers.
- It interconnects the various devices in the PCB, inputs, and outputs that make the PCB work in its application.
- The copper foil helps to carry away unwanted heat from power devices.
How do you Choose Copper Foil Type for Taconic CER-10?
The copper foil type will be dependent on the following factors:
- Power handling requirements: The board’s power handling requirements will determine copper foil’s type to use.
For high power applications, you should use thick copper foil.
Thin copper foils are recommended for lower power applications.
- Size and spacing: thinner copper foil are suitable when the lines are fine, and the spacing is narrow.
Sweeping lines and broader spacing, on the other hand, will require thicker copper foil.
- Characteristics impedance and loss of line: the cross-sectional area of the copper foil affects Taconic CER-10 thickness and its dialectic constant.
- Heat: the amount of heat you need to handle will determine the copper foil type or weight used.
That is more so for the inner layers.
Thicker copper foils have a higher capacity to dissipate heat as compared to thinner copper foils.
How do you Prevent Damage and Deformation of Taconic CER-10?
It would be best if you observe the following precautions to prevent damage and deformation of Taconic CER-10:
- Do not mechanically scrub the material as this will stretch and deform it.
To avoid this use of chemical cleaning to achieve dimensional accuracy of the process and prevent distortion.
- It is not recommended to lift a Taconic CER-10 on one side as you may cause the material to slide or stretch the copper.
Instead, it would help if you lift the Taconic CER-10 using two parallel edges.
- Prevent contaminant deposits and staining on the Taconic CER-10 by handling it using protective gloves and slip sheets.
- Do not put Taconic CER-10 on top of each other to avoid debris on the surface of the laminate.
What are the other Types of Taconic Laminates?
Apart from Taconic CER-10, other types of Taconic laminates include:
- Taconic tly-5: these Taconic laminates have a dielectric constant of 2.20, a dielectric thickness of .0050” and a dielectric thickness of 0.13mm.
- Taconic tly-5A: these Taconic laminates have a dielectric constant of 2.17, a dielectric thickness of .0310″ and a dielectric thickness of 0.78mm.
- Taconic RF-35: Taconic laminates have a dielectric constant of 3.50, a dielectric thickness of .0050″ and a dielectric thickness of 0.13mm.
Can you Mix Taconic CER-10 with other PCB Materials for Hybrid Multilayer PCB?
Yes, it is possible to mix Taconic CER-10 with other materials for hybrid multilayer PCB.
The best part, there are fewer compatibility issues that may arise.
A hybrid multilayer PCB using many layers of Taconic CER-10 and a few layers of other materials are common for several reasons.
A mix of the materials improves reliability.
With many hybrid multilayer PCBs, the materials are often compatible, though unique circuit fabrication is necessary.
How do you Process Taconic CER-10 for Multilayer PCB?
Multilayer boards can either be thin etched boards or trace layers.
Either way, they both need bonding bay lamination.
Processing Taconic CER-10 for multilayer PCB follows the following procedure:
- The multilayer PCB is subjected to an extreme temperature of 190.56 degrees Celsius and a pressure of between 275 to 400 psi.
- The curing of the multilayer PCB occurs at high temperatures.
- Finally, slowly release the pressure. Then, slowly cool the laminate.
Can you V score Taconic CER-10?
Yes, you can V score on Taconic CER-10.
You should put the following into consideration:
- You should measure the vee depth from one or both sides of the PCB surface.
- It will help if you look at the cross-sectional view to establish the distance between vees.
- You should determine if it is accessible to de-panel.
V score PCB
What is the Recommended Press Cycle for Taconic CER-10?
The recommended press cycle for Taconic CER-10 includes:
- Vacuum lamination is recommended.
- Heat should rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius – 5.5 degrees Celsius to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Maintain the flow window between 80 degrees Celsius and 150 degrees Celsius.
- Maintain the pressure at 73psi (5 bar) until the package reaches 37 degrees Celsius, then full pressure of 450psi (31bar) applied.
- It will help if you then cure it for a recommended time (mostly one hour).
- Finally, cool the package under high pressure and at an optimum temperature of less than 3 degrees Celsius.
Depending on your specific needs and requirements, there is a Taconic PCB material for your unique applications.
At Venture Electronics, we help you get high performance and reliable Taconic PCB materials.
Contact us today for the best prices on Taconic PCB.