What Is ITEQ IT158TC and Its Features?
ITEQ IT158TC is produced for high heat resistance and lead free and RoHS compliant, it is a low cost phenolic resin compliant with IPC 4101 specification. Its features are as below:
• Continually high temperature operation (>140 ºC)
• Excellent thermal resistance
• Excellent dimension stability
• Low water absorption
• Good drilling properties&Processing similar to FR-4
• Lead free compatible&Low cost
What is the Cost of ITEQ IT158 Laminates?
The price of ITEQ IT158 varies depending on different factors such as the thickness and panel size, type of copper cladding, the mechanical and thermal properties.
At Venture Electronics, we can help you customize high-performance ITEQ IT158 Laminates to meet your requirements.
If you want to know about the cost of ITEQ IT158 you need, contact our Venture team now.
Why Choose Venture as Your ITEQ IT158 Supplier?
IT158TC is a multifunctional epoxy filled and lead free phenolic cured laminate and prepreg, we provide IT158TC made by advanced resin technology, which gives it excellent thermal reliability and compatibility with lead free components.
Our IT158TC complies with RoHS standard and is widely used in heavy copper, server and network, telecommunication applications, etc.
Venture is an expert Chinese manufacturer of Iteq it-158 for many years. Because of our expertise in this industry, we are able to manufacture high-quality Iteq it-158. We supply Iteq it-158 with good functionality.
Your Leading Iteq it-158 Supplier in China
Our Iteq it-158 is a multifunctional epoxy resin filled and lead-free phenolic cured laminate and prepreg. We manufacture Iteq it-158 with advanced resin technology.
It is manufactured with an industry-standard material. Venture Iteq it-158 has a 150℃ Tg that has excellent thermal reliability.
We also manufacture Iteq it-158 lead-free assembly compatible. It is RoHS compliant that is highly suitable for applications that require high thermal reliability.
Aside from that, our Iteq it-158 is fabricated with CAF resistance and friendly processing. Thus, our Iteq it-158 is friendly to PCB processes. That is why you can handle the process easily.
Venture Iteq it-158 is also designed with excellent CAF resistance for long term reliability in automobile and industrial board applications.
Moreover, our Iteq it-158 also comes in different varieties of constructions. It is available in different copper weight, glass styles, and copper foils.
Typical applications of our Iteq it-158 include:
- heavy copper application
- PC and notebook
- memory module
- servers and networking
- game player
- multilayer PCB
Venture can supply you with the best quality Iteq it-158. Our Iteq it-158 truly works for its function. Venture Iteq it-158 is also fabricated with our highest technology.
Venture has a rich experience and technology understanding, with its own production capability and centralized resource locally, we are able to offer you one‐stop service with small, medium to mass production with competitive terms, quality and delivery assurance that customized all your requires.
As a professional manufacturer, Venture offers you competitive pricing and easy communication. We have professional and expert engineers who designed your high-quality Iteq it-158.
If you are a retailer or electrical engineer who needs top-quality Iteq it-158, Venture is your best choice! Make Venture Electronics your trusted supplier of Iteq it-158!
Contact us for more information about our Iteq it-158!
ITEQ IT-158 Laminate: The Ultimate FAQs Guide
If you have any question about ITEQ IT-158 laminates, you will find the answer right here.
This guide covers everything you need to know about these ITEQ laminates – from features, application, benefits, to design features, among other critical aspects.
So, before choosing any ITEQ IT-158 material, read this guide.
- What is ITEQ IT-158 PCB Material?
- What Are the Features of ITEQ IT-158?
- What Are the Product Specifications of ITEQ IT 158?
- What Application Best Suits the Use ofITEQ IT158?
- What Are the Process Guidelines of ITEQ IT-158?
- What Are the Benefits of ITEQ IT 158?
- Can You Use ITEQ IT-158 for High-Frequency Application?
- How Does ITEQ IT 158 and FR 4 Compare?
- Are there Standard Laminate Thickness for ITEQ IT 158 PCB Material?
- Which are the IPC 4101 Specifications for ITEQ IT 158 Laminate?
- What Are the Quality Certifications for ITEQ IT 158 Laminate?
- What Is IPC -TM- 650 Standards?
- What Lead-Free Processes Can You Use Alongside ITEQ-IT158 PCB Laminate?
- Can you Use ITEQ IT 158 to Fabricate Hybrid Multilayer Boards?
- Which are the Factors to Consider when Selecting ITEQ IT 158 PCB Laminate?
- How Can you Store ITEQ IT-158 PCB Laminate?
- What are the Best Handling Practices when Working with ITEQ IT 158 PCB Laminate?
- Is ITEQ IT 158 PCB Material Fire Retardant?
- How Can You Design an ITEQ IT 158 PCB?
- Why Should You Import ITEQ IT 158 PCB Material from China?
What is ITEQ IT-158 PCB Material?
IT 158 PCB material is an ITEQ PCB laminate fabricated using advanced resin technology.
The laminates are Phenolic-Cured and lead-free materials ideal for industrial applications because of high CAF resistance and high thermal reliability.
What Are the Features of ITEQ IT-158?
ITEQ IT 158 PCB laminate has the following features.
- Excellent heat resistance and thermal reliability
- Very low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion
- The through-hole reliability is very good.
- Excellent CAF resistance
- Constructed using advanced resin technology
- Compatible with lead-free processing techniques
- Available in a wide variety of constructions
- Possess a high thermal decomposition temperature
- The laminate is very robust and thus suitable for the fabrication of highly reliable boards.
- Ideal for construction of industrial-grade PCB and automobiles
What Are the Product Specifications of ITEQ IT 158?
ITEQ IT-158 material is a mid-Tg PCB laminate.
It is suitable for applications demanding high CAF resistance and thermal reliability.
Consequently, ITEQ IT 158 PCB laminate possess the following product specification.
- It has a Transitional temperature and Decomposition temperature of 155°C and 345°C, respectively.
- Dielectric constant at 1, 2, 5, and 10 GHz is 4.3, 4.2, 4.1, and 4.0.
- Dissipation factor at 1, 2, 5, and 10 GHz is 0.016, 0.017, 0.018 and 0.018, respectively.
- Percentage Coefficient of Thermal Expansion between 50 to 260°C as determined by the TMA method is 3.3, along the Z-axis.
- Z-axis Coefficient of Thermal Expansion for Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 IS 40 and 240 ppm/°C, respectively.
- CTE of the X/Y axis range between 11-13 and 13-15 ppm/°C, for the temperature range between 40°C to 125°C.
- IT 158 PCB material also has a thermal resistance of ˃60 minutes and 20 minutes at T260 and T288, respectively.
- It has a flammability rating of V-0 following UL94 test standards.
- IT 158 has a maximum moisture absorption of 0.10 %
- The peel strength of IT 158 for low profile and standard profile copper foils are 5 and 8 lb/inch, respectively.
- Volume resistivity and surface resistivities are 1×109 MW-cm and 1×108 MW-cm, respectively.
- The minimum flexural strength for cross direction and length direction is 370-400 and 450-480 N/mm2.
- It has excellent CAF resistance that can be modified as agreed upon between the supplier and the customer.
What Application Best Suits the Use ofITEQ IT158?
You can use ITEQ IT 158 PCB laminate to fabricate boards for use in various industrial and consumer end products.
Specifically, ITEQ IT 158 material is ideal for manufacturing circuit boards with high thermal reliability and excellent CAF resistance.
This is because it is compatible with lead-free assemblies of up to 260°C.
Applications of IT 158 PCB Laminate
Here are some of the applications of ITEQ IT 158 PCB material:
- HDI and multi-layer PCB
- Servers and Networking
- Memory modules
- Personal computers and notebooks
- Automotive machines and equipment (Engine room ECUs)
- Applications requiring heavy copper PCBs
- Telecommunication industry
- Game players
What Are the Process Guidelines of ITEQ IT-158?
The following guidelines help deliver the best products out of ITEQ IT 158 PCB laminate material.
You must strictly adhere to these processing guidelines to avoid any material wastage due to laminate damage or the final product’s failure.
Processing ofITEQ IT-158Laminate Inner Layers
Take and find an ideal first round (compensation for dimension) before initiation of mass production.
Subject the PCB material to brown oxides or black oxides treatment, then bake it at 120°C for 40 minutes.
The lamination process MUST not exceed 195°C if brown oxides are used.
Lamination of ITEQ IT 158 Material
Prepare your stacks in the lay-up room to prevent moisture absorption.
Subject stacks comprising core and prepreg to vacuum processing for 30 minutes before heating.
The pressure range should vary between 350 to 400psi for hydraulic and between 300 to 400psi for vacuum hydraulic.
Heat the stack at between 80°C and 140°C at the rate of 1.3-1.8°C/min when using Lien Chieh Machinery.
Alternatively, heat the stack for between 1.5-3.0°C/min at 80°C and 140°C. In both cases, maintain the cooling rate below 3.0°C/min.
During the pressing cycle, hold the board for at least 60 minutes when its temperature reaches 180°C.
This technique helps you confirm that Tg is above 150°C and that change in Tg is below five degrees Celsius after pressing.
You can use the following drilling parameter for reference purposes only.
The actual drilling parameters will vary depending on layer thickness, sizes of holes, number of layers, stack height, and copper thickness.
Drilled IT 158 PCB Laminate
Subsequently, the following parameters are typical for drills between 0.4 to 1.0 millimeters.
- The spindle speed should range between 45 and 105 KRPM
- The feed rate should range between 50 to 150 IPM
- Maintain a retraction rate between 50 to 1000 IPM
- The stack height should range between ≤2 pnls (for boards having between 2 and 6 layers) and 1pnl (for boards having eight or more layers).
- Maintain the maximum hit counts to below 1000 hits
- Use 0.2mm aluminum as the entry material and 1.5 mm phenolic laminate as a back-up material.
- For drilling machinery, consider using Hitachi ND-6L210E.
- Bake the material at 150°C for 2 hours after drilling.
You can use the desmear guidelines below for reference purposes only.
Horizontal parameters (JETCHEM)
- Swell at 75°C for 100 seconds
- Mn+7 : 55-65 g/ l at 85℃for 180s
Vertical parameters (ROHMHAAS)
- Swell at 65°C for 365 seconds
- Mn+7 : 65-75 g/ l at 75℃for 750s
Moreover, confirm whether you will require any customized desmear condition other than standard desmear condition for typical FR-4 material.
What Are the Benefits of ITEQ IT 158?
ITEQ IT 158 PCB material is a multifunctional PCB material that is ideal for use in various applications.
Specifically, this product possesses the following advantages:
- It is RoHS compliant due to its compatibility with lead-free processing techniques. Thus, it is environmentally friendly and ideal for processes requiring high thermal reliability.
- Friendly to PCB processes and easy to handle due to fabrication using friendly processes that are also highly resistant to CAF.
- Adheres to all PCB laminate industry standards.
- The material’s high CAF resistance enhances its long-term reliability in industrial and automobile applications.
- Available in a wide variety of designs and constructions to select from. Depending on your application’s requirements, you can choose either heavy or low-weight copper, copper foils, and glass styles.
- Cost competitive compared to other high-frequency laminates with similar properties in the market.
- Has a very low tangent loss
- Provides superior signal integrity making it ideal for use in high-frequency applications.
- Highly durable
- Suitable for construction of high count, multi-layer PCBs
- The mix of low Z-CTE and high Tg makes IT 158 laminate ideal for automated assemblies and opportunity for design flexibility.
Can You Use ITEQ IT-158 for High-Frequency Application?
Yes, you can use ITEQ IT 158 laminate in high-frequency applications where the tangent loss is not a critical performance factor.
ITEQ IT 158 PCB material has a standard loss tangent of 0.018 at 10GHz.
Though low, there are other options of ITEQ IT-158 laminates with lower dissipation factors.
Similarly, ITEQ IT158 PCB material also has a very stable dielectric constant over a wide range of frequencies.
This feature is desirable in high-frequency applications.
How Does ITEQ IT 158 and FR 4 Compare?
ITEQ IT 158 and FR 4 PCB laminates both use epoxy-based substrate as the core material for their construction.
Here are other comparisons between IT-158 laminate vs. FR-4 laminate:
- The dielectric constant of the two material nearly resemble. The Dk of IT 158 range from 4.3 at 1GHz to 4.0 at 10GHz.
On the other hand, Dk of FR-4 range from between 4.17 to 4.55 at 1 GHz.
- Similarly, the dissipation factor of both materials differs only slightly at lower frequencies.
The dissipation factor of IT-158 material ranges from 0.016 at 1GHz to is 0.018 at 10 GHz.
Conversely, FR-4 has a dissipation factor range from 0.0195 to 0.0160 at 1 GHz, depending on its transitional temperature.
- The transitional temperature of IT I58 is 155°C while that of low Tg FR-4 is 135°C. Likewise, a high Tg FR-4 has a transitional temperature of 180°C.
- The decomposition temperature of ITEQ IT-158 laminate is 345°C. On the contrary, that of mid and high Tg FR-4 materials are 345°C and 340°C, respectively.
- Both IT 158 and FR-4 materials are V-0 flammability rated according to UL94 flammability standards.
- The delamination time at T288 of IT-158 materials is 20 minutes, while low and high FR-4 material is slightly above 1 minute. However, the delamination time of mid-Tg FR-4 material is 25 minutes.
- FR4 material has between 0.13 and 0.16% moisture absorption, while IT 158 material has moisture absorption of only 0.10%.
- The X and Y-axis CTE of IT 158 PCB material range between 11-13 ppm/°C and 13-15 ppm/°Crespectively.Conversely, FR-4 CTE of X/Y-axis range between 13-17 and 12-14 ppm/°C.
- The Z-axis CTE of mid-Tg FR-4 material is 40 ppm/°C, and that of low and high Tg FR-4 material is 45 ppm/°C. On the other hand, the Z-axis CTE of IT158 laminate is 40 ppm/°C.
- The CTE of IT158 material after delamination is 240 ppm/°C. On the contrary, the CTE of FR-4 material after deamination range from 208 to 225 ppm/°C, depending on the FR-4 Tg.
- You can only use FR-4 material for applications of up to 1GHz frequency. However, you can use IT158 PCB materials for applications of up to 10GHz frequency.
Are there Standard Laminate Thickness for ITEQ IT 158 PCB Material?
The general classification of ITEQ IT158 laminate concerning properties typical values and specifications are:
- Laminates with thickness below 0.50 mm, and
- Laminates with 0.50 mm thickness and over.
However, ITEQ IT 158 laminates panels are available in numerous nominal thicknesses and corresponding tolerance for assorted constructions.
The thinnest nominal thickness for ITEQ IT158 laminate is 0.05 mm with a tolerance of ±0.013.
It is ideal for fabrication of 106*1 constructions.
On the other hand, the thickest IT158 laminate panels measure 1.6/ 1/1 mm with a tolerance of ±0.130.
These are suitable for 7628*8 constructions.
In total, there are 27 available different material thicknesses from which you can select for diverse construction needs.
Which are the IPC 4101 Specifications for ITEQ IT 158 Laminate?
IPC are industry standards developed by the Association of Connecting Electronics Industries.
Specifically, IPC 4101 standards provide guidelines for classifying laminates, base material, prepregs, etc.
They are developed primarily for constructing rigid, multi-layer PCBs.
The IPC 4101 classification system helps you identify a base material classified according to its performance and capabilities.
Besides, the laminate’s properties are designated by slash numbering systems, which corresponds to the PCB material’s specific properties.
For example, ITEQ IT-158 PCB laminate falls under IPC-4101 Spec/99 classification.
Consequently, any material categorized under this class, ITEQ-IT 158 inclusive, must possess the following properties.
- Reinforced with a woven E-glass
- The resin system comprises either:
- Multifunctional epoxy
- Modified epoxy where the maximum weight of non-epoxy is 5%
- Is flame resistant
- Has a transitional glass temperature of 150°C.
- The material’s decomposition temperature must be 325°C
- Has a dielectric constant of 5.4 at 1 MHz
- The maximum Z–axis CTE (50 to 260⁰C) is 3.5%.
- The T260, T288, and T300 are 30 minutes, 5 minutes, and AABUS (As Agreed Upon Between User and Supplier), respectively.
What Are the Quality Certifications for ITEQ IT 158 Laminate?
The best ITEQ-IT 158 PCB material need to have quality certification by various semiconductor certification bodies.
Here are the common quality certifications for IT-158 Laminates:
- RoHS and UL94 V-0 compliant.
- ISO/TS 16949 certified
- Sony Green Book Certified
- IECQ QC 080000 certified
- NF F16-101 Railways Standards Certified
- DIN EN ISO 4589-2 2006 / EN 45545-2 (R22 / R23 / R25) Certified
- DIN EN 60065 (VDE 0860): 2011-10 certified
What Is IPC -TM- 650 Standards?
These are test manuals developed by IPC for testing the quality and efficiency of electronic products.
The test manual is multifaceted and is divided into seven major sections as follows:
- Reporting and Measurement Analysis Methods
- Visual Test Methods
- Dimensional Test Methods
- Chemical Test Methods
- Mechanical Test Methods
- Electrical Test Methods
- Environmental Test Methods
What Lead-Free Processes Can You Use Alongside ITEQ-IT158 PCB Laminate?
By definition, lead-free PCB laminate is a laminate containing 0.1% or less lead by weight.
It must also meet the RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC requirements.
ITEQ-IT 158 PCB material’s compatibility with lead-free processing temperatures is doesn’t depend on its lead content.
However, it relies on the ‘maximum safe temperature’ of the product.
Lead-free soldering techniques follow the use of specific solder alloys.
These type of alloy exposes the laminate to higher temperatures during assembly than traditional SnPb solders.
The higher temperatures are a result of the higher melting points of metal alloys used for lead-free solders.
Remember, the higher temperatures also cause the reflow and rework operating temperatures to rise.
Below are some of the lead-free solders and corresponding assembly.
Also, you will find reflow temperatures that you can consider for your operations.
Generally, the reflow of lead-free soldering techniques ranges from 230°C to 250°C.
|Lead-Free Solders||Assembly Temperature (°C)|
|SnAgBi||206 to 213|
|SnAg||221 to 226|
Can you Use ITEQ IT 158 to Fabricate Hybrid Multilayer Boards?
Yes, IT 158 PCB material, just like any other ITEQ laminate, is ideal for constructing multi-layer PCBs.
You can either fabricate a multi-layer PCB using stacks of ITEQ IT-158 laminate and prepreg only.
Alternatively, you can mix IT 158 laminate with other laminates to manufacture a hybrid, multi-layer PCB.
Hybrid IT-158 PCB Laminate
Specifically, ITEQ IT 158 has excellent through-hole reliability, high thermal reliability, and high CAF resistance.
This is in addition to very low CTE along the Z-axis, which make it reliable for multi-layer board constructions.
Further, ITEQ IT 158 is a highly robust PCB material with stable mechanical properties over a wide range of frequencies.
Which are the Factors to Consider when Selecting ITEQ IT 158 PCB Laminate?
The following factors are fundamental when choosing ITEQ IT 158 PCB laminate for your PCB needs.
Make sure you have the necessary equipment needed to process IT158 laminates into a finished PCB with the desired properties.
You can fabricate IT 158 laminate using friendly processing techniques, making it easy to handle.
Further, it is resistant to CAF and has a modern resin matrix that enhances its suitability for fabricating multi-layer PCBs.
IT 158 is a high-performance PCB laminate with desirable properties for applications demanding high thermal resistance.
It uses robust and advanced resin technology and produces high-reliability PCBs.
Ensure that the properties of IT158 are in tandem with your project requirements.
ITEQ IT158 Laminate
You can further enhance the performance of IT158 PCB material by selecting the most appropriate lead-free solder technology.
Compared to other laminates with similar properties, IT158 is very cheap and pocket-friendly.
As a result, you can use it to produce high-quality, affordable end products.
Please inquire with your supplier whether they can timely and reliably deliver the product’s desired quantities without failure.
Plan appropriately to avoid delays and shortages.
If a single supplier cannot meet all your demands, opt for ordering from multiple suppliers where appropriate.
Protection to the Environment
Some applications demand the use of laminates which are eco-friendly and safe for human health.
ITEQ IT-158 PCB laminate comes in handy under such circumstances, given that it is RoHS compliant and is Sony Green Bool Certified.
It also meets all the ISO 45001:2018 standards, indicating that its production was safe and secure.
How Can you Store ITEQ IT-158 PCB Laminate?
Store IT 158 prepreg and laminates in a cool and dry place to avoid deterioration arising from product oxidation and corrosion.
You should maintain a storage temperature below 20°C and humidity below 50%.
Release the prepregs exposed to humidity to minimize absorption of moisture.
Always store rolls and panels of prepreg and laminates horizontally to avoid damage associated with vertical stacking.
Ensure that the storage surface is flat and free from dirt.
Dirt can cause scratches on the surface of the prepreg and laminates.
Storage on non-flat surfaces can also cause the laminates to bend.
Do not remove the original sealing when storing the panels.
It protects the laminates against potential corrosion, oxidation, and any other mechanical damage.
The storage shelves should be large, extending beyond the surface area of the laminate.
Interleave your laminates with non-abrasive, soft separator sheets.
When storing ITEQ IT-158 laminates in their original shipping boxes, stack the boxes on flat surface with the heaviest at the bottom.
Also, do not place too much weight on top of the lower boxes.
This can cause the ITEQ PCB materials to disintegrate and damage the content laminates.
What are the Best Handling Practices when Working with ITEQ IT 158 PCB Laminate?
Good ITEQ IT-158 laminate handling practices are mandatory and must-follow steps to avoid potential damages.
The following tips can effectively help protect the laminate’s integrity.
- Pick the thinner laminates using two edges to avoid distortion, given that they lack the ability to self-support.
- Transport your laminates on flat carrying trays while interleaved with soft, non-abrasive materials.
- Maintain the original laminate seals during the initial processing procedures
- Always wear gloves, eye goggles, and protective clothing when machining IT 158 PCB material.
- Maintain a clean, dry, and well-ventilated working environment.
Is ITEQ IT 158 PCB Material Fire Retardant?
Yes, ITEQ IT 158 PCB laminate is resistant to fire, with UL94 V-0 rating.
Consequently, according to this rating, IT 158 PCB material must meet the following conditions:
- Individual test specimen(s) must not burn for more than 10 seconds following the initial and second flame application.
- The total burning time for each set of 5 specimens should not exceed 50 seconds for ten flame applications.
- Besides, the burning and glowing time following the second flame withdrawal should be more than 30 seconds.
- Drips of flames from the burning specimen must not ignite a cotton battling placed at 300 mm below the test specimen.
- The specimen must not completely burn or burn with flaming combustion up to the holding clamp.
How Can You Design an ITEQ IT 158 PCB?
You can use the Stackup Pro web tool provided and hosted by ITEQ Corporation on their website to design your IT 158 PCB.
This web-based tool helps you design the best arrangement of copper layers and insulators that best suit your application’s needs.
It will automatically work out the expected PCB’s inbuilt press thickness and impedance.
It also edits your design and alerts you in case of any prepreg layer insufficiency.
Why Should You Import ITEQ IT 158 PCB Material from China?
You are assured of product authenticity.
You will also derive the following benefits from importing your products from China.
- The products are lower priced compared to other competitive products produced abroad.
Lower prices are not for lesser quality standards. But result from innovative and proprietary production process that ensures lower production cost.
Similarly, the cost of labor is cheaper in China compared to other countries abroad.
- The products are of the highest quality standards.
- Since the main manufacturing factory is in China, you are less likely to face shortages.
At Venture Electronics, we will help you find the best ITEQ IT-158 PCB that meet the specific needs of your applications.
Contact us now for all your ITEQ IT-158 PCB material.