Can You Design Purple PCB?
Yes, a quality manufaturer Like Venture-Mfg has the ability to design purple PCBs in differnt ways.
You can give us your own design file in a specific file format suggested by the manufaturer.
You can also get connect with the manufacturer to make a finalized design copy.
The design includesof the entire circuit design with respects to its structure and connection.
You can also get free design regarding it from a prominent PCB manufaturer.
Can You Design Overlapping Holes in Purple PCB?
Overlapping holes can be difficult and challenging for manufacturing and manintenance.
However, reliable manufacturers like Venture-mfg can design overlapping holes in purple PCB for your any demands.
It can be used to provide the slot information rater than doing on separate layers.
Although it it not a suggest that design principle to develop overlapping holes, you can customize them.
What is the Average Panel Size of Purple PCB?
The panel size of a purple PCB varies from demands.
The device in which the PCB is to be installed defines the width and overall size of this type of PCB.
On average, a standard purple printed circuit board’s panel size is around 200 square centimeters.
A4 size 210x280mm is also used in most of standard cases for purple PCB.
However, the structure and design requirements of it should be thinking as the primary and defining aspect.
Venture is more than 10 years of providing quality Purple PCB in the industries. We can manufacture the highest quality purple PCB by utilizing our unique technique and advanced technology.
If you are looking for a certified and reliable manufacturer and supplier of purple PCB, Venture has a great experience you can count on.
We are supplying Venture purple PCB to different industries throughout the world.
Your Leading Purple PCB Supplier in China
When it comes to selecting a printed circuit board, choosing the right color is very important for the solder mask. But, you don’t have to worry about it.
Venture is a leading manufacturer of PCB in a wide range of colors. We are experts in manufacturing purple PCB, green PCB, blue PCB, white PCB, yellow PCB, black PCB, and many more.
Venture purple PCB is one whose solder mask is purple. They are challenging to work with a black solder mask or white solder mask. So, it is easy to see the traces when troubleshooting.
At Venture, we can customize and optimize every color according to your needs.
Our Venture purple PCB color coating doesn’t increase the cost. But, for high-temperature protection, the PCB will require an extra coating.
As a professional manufacturer and supplier, we highly recommend that you will decide the color for your PCB at the design stage. It is because they are compatible with the design you choose.
Through the years, we manufacture a wide array of purple PCB that will suit your requirements and specifications. All of our purple PCB will match all your PCB needs.
At Venture, you can guarantee the best and outstanding quality of purple PCB. The satisfaction of our valued customers is very important to us.
We make sure to deliver the great quality of every product.
For more information about our purple PCB, please contact us directly!
Purple PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you’re thinking of going for purple PCBs, there are critical aspects you need to know.
In this guide, you will find all information you’re looking for about purple PCBs.
So, if you have any question about these color PCBs, read this guide.
- What is Purple PCB?
- Which is the Best PCB Material for Purple PCB Assembly?
- What is the Difference Between a Standard Purple PCB and a Heavy Copper Purple PCB?
- Which are the Plating Methods for Purple PCB?
- How do you know that the Drill Size Defined in Purple PCB Design will be Appropriate for the Components?
- What is the Standard Drilling Tolerance for Purple PCB?
- Can I Give Overlapping Holes in my Purple PCB Design?
- How do you Ensure that Non-Plated Through-Hole (NPTH) align flawlessly with other Plated Thru-Holes (PTH) of Purple PCB?
- Is there another Color other than White for Purple PCB Silkscreen Print?
- What is the Meaning of Clipping in Purple PCB Silkscreen Printing Process?
- What is the Preferred Panel Size when Panelizing Purple PCB Design?
- What is the Recommended Gap between Boards during Purple PCB Panelization?
- What are the Available Purple PCB Laminate Thickness Options?
- How do NC Drill File and Gerber File of Purple PCB Compare?
- What should be the File Format for NC Drill and Gerber Data for Purple PCB Design?
- Which Types of Purple PCB can you Design and Manufacture?
- Can you Fabricate Both Through-Hole and Surface Mount (SMT) Purple PCB Design?
- Why are Gerber Files Necessary in Purple PCB Assembly order?
- What are the Applications of IMS Purple PCB?
- Is there a Difference in the Fabrication Cost between Flex Purple PCB and Rigid-Flex Purple PCB?
- What are the Advantages and Applications of Copper Inlay Purple PCB?
- Which Type of Purple PCB Manufacturing Services do you Provide?
- What is IPC and Do your Purple PCBs Adhere to IPC Standards?
- What are the Standard Specifications of Rigid Purple PCB?
- Which Purple PCB Quality Certifications do you have?
- Can you Repair Purple PCB?
What is Purple PCB?
Purple PCB refers to a type of printed circuit board that employs a purple solder mask.
Since this is not standard PCB color, you may need to place an order for your purple PCB fabrication.
Which is the Best PCB Material for Purple PCB Assembly?
Some of the available Purple PCB materials include:
- Paper Board: for example, FR-1, FR-2 (phenolic cotton paper), FR-3 (epoxy and cotton paper)
- Composite Board: CEM-1 (epoxy and cotton paper), CEM-3 (epoxy and non-woven glass).
- Special Board: (ceramic board and metal board)
- Epoxy Glass Cloth: for example, FR-4 (epoxy and woven glass) and FR-5 (woven glass and epoxy)
- HDI board (Resin coated copper-RCC)
- Epoxy Resin
- Polyimide Resin
- Polyester Resin
What is the Difference Between a Standard Purple PCB and a Heavy Copper Purple PCB?
Some of the differences between standard purple PCB and heavy copper purple PCB include:
- Standard purple PCB is manufactured to serve lighter activities. Heavy copper purple PCB on the other hand is suited for performing heavy duties.
- The amount of copper used Standard purple PCB is 1 oz thus has a thin size. On the contrary, Heavy copper purple PCB has a thicker diameter due to the high amount of copper in it.
the amount of copper used in purple PCB is 2oz to 4oz.
- Copper plating and etching are used in manufacturing standard purple PCB. Heavy copper purple PCB is manufactured through differential etching and step plating.
- Standard purple PCB tend to conduct less amount of current while heavy copper purple PCBs do conduct higher current values.
- Heavy copper purple PCB has efficient thermal distribution and thus efficient in performance as compared to standard purple PCB.
- Standard purple PCB has lesser mechanical strength as compared to heavy copper purple PCB. Copper used in heavy copper purple PCB makes them have better mechanical strength.
- Heavy copper purple PCB has an anti-stress capability of the board which enhances their usage. Standard purple PCBs on the other hand do not enhance the board’s ability in which they are used.
Which are the Plating Methods for Purple PCB?
The plating methods used for purple PCB include:
- Finger Plating: it is also referred to as protruding partial plating.
- Through-Hole Plating: it is an important manufacturing process for the process of drilling.
- Reel Linkage Selective Plating: this method can be either manual or automatic.
- Brushing Plating: it refers to an electrodeposition technique whereby not all parts are immersed in the electrolyte in the process of plating. This plating method only plates a limited area and there is no impact on the rest of the area.
How do you know that the Drill Size Defined in Purple PCB Design will be Appropriate for the Components?
As a general rule, when you have component lead of X mm, the drill hole needs to be X +0.3 to 0.4 mm. For instance, when your purple PCB is 0.4mm you must provide a drill hole that is 0.7mm to 0.8mm.
What is the Standard Drilling Tolerance for Purple PCB?
The standard drilling tolerance for purple PCB is +/-0.075mm. However, different permutations within the manufacturer’s tolerance span can also be accepted like -0/+0.15mm and -0.05mm/+0.1mm.
Can I Give Overlapping Holes in my Purple PCB Design?
Yes, you can give overlapping holes in your purple PCB design for slot information instead of providing a separate layer. However, this is a practice that is incorrect and could cause confusion to the manufacturer.
Usually, these overlapping holes tend to be deleted before the final purple PCB design is taken into production.
How do you Ensure that Non-Plated Through-Hole (NPTH) align flawlessly with other Plated Thru-Holes (PTH) of Purple PCB?
Drill Non-Plated Through-Hole (NPTH) holes at the same time as PTH holes to avoid misalignment and ensure NPTH holes do not get plated.
Is there another Color other than White for Purple PCB Silkscreen Print?
Yes, there are other colors other than white for purple PCB silkscreen print and these include:
What is the Meaning of Clipping in Purple PCB Silkscreen Printing Process?
Clipping ensures there is no overlay ink by ensuring it falls within 0.1 mm periphery from the respective solder mask pad. In this process, any purple PCB silkscreen falling within the 0.1 mm periphery is clipped.
What is the Preferred Panel Size when Panelizing Purple PCB Design?
For very small volume production and prototype, the one-off set-up cost increases in steps of 200 square centimeters.
Panel sizes preferred for standard productions are A4 (around 210 mm by 280 mm). You may also select your panel sizes so long as material utilization and manufacturing optimization are not compromised.
What is the Recommended Gap between Boards during Purple PCB Panelization?
The recommended gap between boards during purple PCB panelization should be 2mm for routing and 0.5 mm for v-grooving.
The measurement of this gap should be taken from the center of the outline or cut marks.
What are the Available Purple PCB Laminate Thickness Options?
Purple Printed Circuit Board
Some of the available purple PCB laminate thickness options include:
- 2 mm
- 4 mm
- 5 mm
- 6 mm
- 8 mm
- 1 mm
- 2 mm
- 5 mm
- 6 mm
- 2 mm
- 3 mm
- 175 mm
How do NC Drill File and Gerber File of Purple PCB Compare?
Gerber files describe the copper of each layer in your purple PCB. They disseminate the information in a way that can be understood by a computer-aided manufacturing system (CAM).
Gerber files control machines for laser plotting to create an image of all holes, traces, and vias on your purple PCB layout.
Each file that is generated is associated with a given layer on your purple PCB each possessing its unique file extension.
NC drill file is a secondary file that you send to your manufacturer accompanied by a Gerber file. It is used to establish the exact places where drill holes should be placed on your purple PCB and their appropriate sizes.
What should be the File Format for NC Drill and Gerber Data for Purple PCB Design?
In case your purple PCB design is created in DXP or Protel software, there is no need to worry about Gerber of NC drill file format.
All you will need to do is to send .pcb or .pcbdoc files and the required data will be extracted from the files.
All Gerber data must be in RS274X format for other CAD software. Manufacturers also accept RS274D format although you will be required to send a separate aperture file.
For NC drill data, you should use Excellon format. It is important to note that you should not send NC drill data in the format of Gerber.
Which Types of Purple PCB can you Design and Manufacture?
Some of the types of purple PCB that we can design, and manufacture include:
- Double-sided purple PCB: it has one layer of the base substrate and conductive copper layers on both sides of the substrate.
- Single-sided purple PCB: it contains only one single layer of the fiberglass or base substrate and one single layer that is conductive (copper). It is referred to as a single-layer purple PCB because the circuit is formed by only one conductive layer.
- Rigid purple PCB: it is a purple PCB that cannot be forced out of shape or bent as it is not flexible.
- Flex or flexible purple PCB: this can be folded as it is made of flexible material. Its flexibility and shape make it possible to transport and handle it without any damage.
- Rigid-flex purple PCB: it is made up of both flexible and rigid substrates which are laminated together to make a single circuit purple PCB.
- Multilayer purple PCB: it is a purple PCB with more than two layers and all layers are interconnected using holes that are copper plated. Multilayer purple PCB should have a minimum of three layers that are made of conductive material.
Can you Fabricate Both Through-Hole and Surface Mount (SMT) Purple PCB Design?
Through-hole technology entails drilling holes into a purple PCB where leads can be attached, and it is an older technology compared to SMT. The mounting process of the through-hole creates a bond that is strong between the circuit board and its components.
In this way, through-hole brings about products that are more durable and resistant to shock and impact.
Surface mount technology entails mounting components onto the surface of the purple PCB instead of inserting them through holes on the board.
In this technique, components are soldered onto the pads on the purple PCB.
It is more cost-effective to use surface mount because surface mount devices take up less space and are smaller in size.
Surface mount technology also allows higher connection densities and thus can have more electrical connections.
SMT Purple PCB
To determine which process is most suitable for your purple PCB you will need to consider:
- Size requirements.
- Purpose and conditions under which the purple PCB will be used.
- Type of product the purple PCB is used for.
- The density of the connection
- The reliability needs
- Speed-to-market requirements
Purple PCBs that use a mix of both techniques may have:
- A mix of both through-hole and surface mount on one side of the purple PCB.
- Surface mount technology on one side and through-hole technology on the other side of the purple PCB.
- Surface mount technology on both sides of the purple PCB and through-hole technology on one side.
- Any other setups that are possible and cost-effective depending on the nature of the project.
Why are Gerber Files Necessary in Purple PCB Assembly order?
Gerber files are one of the most important file formats used during the designing of purple PCB.
This is because they describe the features of the purple PCB like the number of conductors layers, solder mask layers, and drill data.
Gerber files provide the following information:
- Macro aperture dimensions.
- Location of XY coordinates for flash and draw commands.
- Configuration parameters.
- Command codes for draw and flash.
Some of the reasons why Gerber files are necessary in purple PCB assembly order to include:
- Purple PCB designs are overtime getting complex. Therefore, there is a need to use small components in designs that are compact and complex.
- Gerber files use laser plotters to trace the location of components locations thus suitable for high-density mounting of purple PCBs.
- Compact purple PCB designs are made using multiple layers and Gerber files are well suited even for PCBs with more than twenty layers.
- Gerber files help save time. They cut down the time initially used to trace lines and location of components to few minutes as they have a laser plotter.
- It is very easy to trace back information on Gerber files thus making it very important in the process of purple PCB fabrication. Gerber coordinates are changed to a raster file using laser plotter and this helps in recording traces of information for a long time.
What are the Applications of IMS Purple PCB?
Some of the applications of IMS purple PCB include:
- It is used in various industrial and automotive applications with higher currents and power losses.
- Used in high-power LED applications DC/CD converters.
- Motor applications.
- IMS purple PCB is utilized as a replacement for DCBs due to the lower cost of copper.
Is there a Difference in the Fabrication Cost between Flex Purple PCB and Rigid-Flex Purple PCB?
Yes, in comparison to flex purple PCB, rigid-flex purple PCB has a cost advantage.
You might save between thirty to fifty percent depending on the lay-up.
Also, cost reductions in the process are achieved because there is no need for a pre-brake process.
What are the Advantages and Applications of Copper Inlay Purple PCB?
Some of the advantages of copper inlay purple PCB include:
- It is possible to carry out an electrical connection on the metal inlay.
- Provides optimal heat emission by direct linking of the component to the metal inlay.
- Flexible design as it can be used on multiple layer purple PCB.
- Cost-effective solution for heat dissipation.
- Increases the circuit efficiency by ensuring more flexibility of placement of parts.
- Increases the reliability of solder connecting part because of the lower linear coefficient of copper.
- Makes it possible to use the same structure for heat dissipation for lead parts and surface mount.
- The continuous path of copper ensures good conduction of heat from the source of heat to the heatsink.
- Offers freedom for selection of the metal inlay’s geometry.
- Ensures perfect planarity of the inlay to the reference layer.
Applications of copper inlay purple PCB include:
- E-mobility and automotive parts that are important for human safety like motor Controls (ECU), ABS, ESP, and start-stop systems.
- High-efficiency industrial electronics like inverter, rectifier, power electronics, control electronics, server power supply, and battery management system
- Lighting technology like LED lighting, cinema technology, and special projectors.
Which Type of Purple PCB Manufacturing Services do you Provide?
We provide the following PCB manufacturing services:
- Quick turn PCB Manufacturing Services for PCB Layout
- PCB Assembly
- PCB Fabrication
- PCB Prototype
- Electro-Mechanical Assembly
- PCB Box Builds
What is IPC and Do your Purple PCBs Adhere to IPC Standards?
IPC is a global trade association connecting electronic industries. It takes charge of all the facets of the electronic industry like design, electronics assembly, and PCB manufacturing.
IPC has put in place standards, specifications, and test methods that are used as the standards for the electronic industry.
We ensure that our purple PCBs adhere to IPC standards like IPC 6012 class 1,2 and 3 in the manufacturing process. 2 is the most commonly used standard.
What are the Standard Specifications of Rigid Purple PCB?
The standard specifications for rigid purple PCB include:
- The material should be compliant with FR4 (TG140).
- The thickness of 1.6 mm.
- The inner and outer copper plate is 1.0 oz.
- Minimum trace or space should be down to 5/5 mils.
- The minimum size of the hole should be 12 mils.
- The final plating finish should be made of lead-free solder (HASL)
- Electrical tests conducted should be a flying probe (prototype) of a bed of nails (production).
- The soldier mask should be on two sides.
- Should adhere to quality standards under IPC class II.
Purple PCB Assembly
Which Purple PCB Quality Certifications do you have?
Some of the quality certifications that we have to include:
- ISO 9002
- IPC 6012 class 1
- IPC 6012 class 2
- IPC 6012 class 3
Can you Repair Purple PCB?
Every purple PCB damage is not due to similar conditions as various environmental conditions might cause the damage.
Therefore, it is important to understand the specific cause of the problem to establish whether it can be repaired or not.
Purple PCBs that have slight or simple damages can be repaired easily.
Some electronics’ purple PCBs are restricted for repair and also not all base materials of purple PCBs are good for repair.
Depending on your unique requirements and specifications, Venture Electronics offers high performance purple PCBs for all your applications.
Contact us today for all your purple PCB or any other color options.