What is hardware PCB?
A printed circuit board (PCB) is the board base for physically supporting and wiring the surface-mounted and socketed components in most electronics.
Printed circuit boards for complex hardware, such as computer graphics cards and motherboards, may have up to twelve layers.
LED mounting hardware pcb
LED components, such as LED spacer mounts, position and restrict movement of your LED lights.
LED spacers raise the LED from the board surface and provide more stability, rigidity and height conformity. This rigidity and stability make the manufacturing process easier. It’s also vital when the board is serviced, or when the PCB or other parts need repairs.
For over 10 years, Venture is the most trusted manufacturer and supplier of professional quality hardware PCB. We are a popular Chinese supplier of hardware PCB that offers the best quality products, excellent services at the best price.
As a leading manufacturer and supplier in China, most of the companies around the world have relied on us for their printed circuit board needs.
Depending on your specific applications, we have the right solution for you!
Reliable and Trustworthy Hardware PCB Manufacturer and Supplier
Venture is one of the most trustworthy manufacturers and suppliers of hardware printed circuit boards in China. We have been in this industry for more than 10 years.
When it comes to circuit board hardware, mounting type and material are the keys. All of our hardware PCBs are manufactured with high-grade raw materials.
Venture hardware PCB is commonly made up of Acetal, EPDM, Nylon, Impact Modified Nylon, Ceramic Spacers, PCB plastic spacers, and many more.
Venture is an expert in most hardware PCBs. We are capable of manufacturing a wide range of hardware PCB for specific applications.
As a professional and expert in hardware PCB manufacturing, we are able to offer different kinds of hardware PCB.
For your specific applications, different types of hardware PCB:
- Coin Cell Holders
- Jumper Links/Shorting Links
- SMT Cable Clips
- SMT Test Points
- Terminals, etc.
All of Venture hardware PCB we offer are manufactured with excellent grade materials, durable, and functional for long-lasting use.
Expanding to be one of the forward headings in this industry, we became trusted trading and manufacturing of top-quality hardware PCB to our deemed customers.
All of the Venture hardware PCB we manufactured are following the international quality standards. You can avail Venture hardware PCB in numerous sizes for various applications.
Whether you are a software integrator, we can support your business and projects by providing flexible payment terms.
Large or small orders for hardware PCB is always welcome at Venture.
We are equipped with approachable and friendly customer service personnel that will handle your orders and inquiries.
Get a quick quote for your hardware PCB order now!
Hardware PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
In this guide, you will find all information you are looking for about hardware PCB.
So, if you have any questions about hardware PCB, read this guide.
- What Is Hardware PCB?
- What Roles Do Hardware PCBs Play?
- Where Do You Employ Hardware PCB?
- What Is Mounting In Hardware PCB?
- What Different Mounting Types Do You Have In Hardware PCB?
- What Role Do Supports Play As Hardware PCB?
- What Are Some Of The Features Of PCB Supports In Hardware PCB?
- What Materials Can You Employ For Spacers And Standoffs In Hardware PCB?
- What Benefits Derive From Using Spacers And Standoffs As Hardware PCB?
- Why Are Card Guides Useful As Hardware PCB?
- What Types Of Card Guides Are Available For Use As Hardware PCB?
- How Do You Implement Card Ejectors As Hardware PCB?
- What Fan Accessories Can You Employ As Hardware PCB?
- Where Do You Employ LED Mounting Hardware For Your PCB?
- What LED Accessories Can You Employ As Hardware PCB?
- What Is The Role Of Transistor Insulators In Hardware PCB?
- What Materials Can You Use For Hardware PCB?
- What Do You Consider When Selecting Hardware PCB?
- How Do Card Guides Compare To Card Pullers As Hardware PCB?
What Is Hardware PCB?
A PCB is a construction that allows you to assemble electrical circuits on a substrate layer for component connection.
Hardware PCB refers to components useful in the construction of essential PCB systems including data cabinets and other electrical equipment.
There are numerous hardware PCBs, so your choice should reflect your application needs.
Having the appropriate hardware PCB ensures your construction achieves performance efficiency and come at relative cost.
What Are Some Of The Components For Your Hardware PCB?
You find several components of hardware PCB, with the following constituting some of the more common ones:
- Card guides, ejectors and pullers: These allow you to remove and replace the printed circuit board.
- Fan accessories: Heating is a feature of any circuit board and fan accessories intervene to prevent
- Fuse Covers: PCBs require protection from contaminants and insulation which you fuse covers offer.
- LED Hardware: The lighting system in your PCB depends on LED hardware to function.
- Mounting Blocks: When you need to mount a board to an equipment’s framework, mounting blocks are useful.
- PCB supports, standoffs and spacers: These hardware PCB allow you to elevate your PCB through supports and spacing.
- Transistor Insulators: Mediating thermal effects in a board requires efficiency and thus need for transistors insulators.
What Roles Do Hardware PCBs Play?
During PCB construction, hardware PCBs are essential in the completion of assembly to a functioning board.
Some important roles hardware PCB play include:
- Fastening to provide secure joints like with screw grommets.
- Hardware PCBs allow you to raise your board in an equipment framework e.g. mountings.
- You find hardware PCB also useful in spacing efforts when constructing a circuit board.
- Also crucial for hardware PCBs is efforts to prevent thermal accumulation by ensuring effective heat transfer in an electrical system.
- Hardware PCBs permit the formation of electrical connection between appliances’ chassis and the PCB.
- Hardware PCB such as card pullers allow you to easily insert and remove circuit boards.
Where Do You Employ Hardware PCB?
The manufacture of printed circuit boards is not complete without employing hardware PCB. You employ hardware PCB in the following areas:
1. Automotive: Spacers, fan parts and LED mountings all consist hardware PCB put in use in automotive application.
2. Consumer Electronics: Hardware PCB such as LED mountings and transistor insulators find use in computers, televisions and mobile phones.
3. Electrical and Data Cabinets: You employ hardware PCB such as supports and fan parts like screw grommets for electrical cabinets.
For data cabinets, spacers and card guides are efficient.
4. White Goods: You employ hardware PCB such as mounting blocks, fan parts and supports for white goods.
These include refrigerators, washing machines and microwaves.
What Is Mounting In Hardware PCB?
PCB mounting is the process of attaching your circuit board to the desired surface.
Mounting allows you provide an extra layer of insulation safeguarding against electrical transmission and ensuring extra secure and solid hold.
You have the option of using plastic or metal as your material of choice.
PCB boards furnished from plastic are lighter, and so is the ease with which you install their supports.
Mounting blocks help in attaching solderless connectors to a printed circuit board.
Between the board and the chassis, you find the mounting block provides both electrical and mechanical connections.
Additionally, these type of hardware PCB are great for attaching tiny panels and PCBs perpendicularly in your application.
Some of the industries employing mountings are household electronics, automotive and telecommunications.
What Different Mounting Types Do You Have In Hardware PCB?
Mounting printed circuit board components of hardware PCBs are essential in offering a secure hold on whatever surface you are employing. The main classifications of mounting types include:
When you use an adhesive tape, you can do without a mounting hole. As a result, you benefit from more efficient timing and spacial considerations.
Blind Hole/Press Fit
You find fins that have a painted style that holds securely to a variety of binding holes. Additionally, it fits readily into applications with limited space.
This mounting type fits into a chassis hole resulting in a sturdy and capable mounting that makes the installation process easy.
Some snap-fit mountings include the fir tree, edge lock and bayonet.
Similar to the snap fit, the panel fit you achieve with a snap-lock is releasable but still secure.
You have three options of the threaded mounting PCB hardware type: standard, undercut and self-tapping.
- Standard: Employs a nut in providing a secure fastening that you can easily work loose and re-tighten.
- Undercut: You achieve a stronger connection using the undercut as it employs a fixed thread.
- Self-tapping: The thread it employs eliminates the need for nits and washers.
What Role Do Supports Play As Hardware PCB?
The PCB support posts find common use as hardware PCB in consumer electronics.
Where your PCB application is rigorous, having dependable components is essential which the supports offer.
These offer support to your board’s mounting by providing a connection between the board and intended surface.
Additionally, supports offer you, to an extent, electrical transmission protection and insulation, in addition to a robust and reliable hold.
You can employ supports furnished from metal and plastic material for your application.
Using plastic material is preferable where you want a light PCB and a simple installation procedure.
What Are Some Of The Features Of PCB Supports In Hardware PCB?
PCB supports or support pillars/posts offer your mounting hardware PCB structural support for stability. Common supports you find employed include: self-adhesive non-locking supports, locking/threaded male supports and two-prong snap-lock or snap-fit supports.
You find these supports with the following features:
- Simpler installation procedures by employing release tab.
- Wide operating temperature range between -40˚C to 85˚C.
- Enhance mechanical strength.
- Ability to connect several boards or an uneasily accessible back panel.
- The snap-lock has a small nose with low profile for firm PCB connection.
- The threaded male mates fittingly with a hexagonal nut.
- Capable of dual mounting using a double prong fastener with low profile.
How Do Spacers Differ From Standoffs In Hardware PCB?
PCB spacers aid component placement on a PCB by preserving the space and location of components on your board.
You find that spacers and standoffs can share shapes for instance a hexagon or round design.
While spacers have a through hole but without threads, standoffs are available as mating parts (male and female) with threads.
You will find the standoff sometimes called a threaded spacer, since spacers typically lack threads but offer similar functionality.
What Materials Can You Employ For Spacers And Standoffs In Hardware PCB?
You can employ different materials for both spacers and standoffs as hardware PCB.
Commonly applied materials include ceramics, plastics and metal with the latter unconsidered when the application requires light material.
For instance, where you have applications with exceptionally high-temperature, it is better to use ceramic spacers.
Contrarily, plastic material offers your spacers resistance to corrosion and exceptional mechanical qualities while being relatively cheap when mass produced.
What Benefits Derive From Using Spacers And Standoffs As Hardware PCB?
You derive several advantages in employing spacers and standoffs as hardware PCB.
These hardware PCBs are available in different shapes including round and hexagonal and offer the following benefits:
The hardware PCB are strong possessing spacing with insulators allowing use in applications with high power needs.
- A fastening screw allows you to achieve good isolation.
- Employs nylon material with heat stability and impact modification.
- You need no special equipment to assemble standoffs and spacers and you can just do them manually.
- These hardware PCB have great mechanical strength with the application of brass inserts.
- They have a wide range of operational temperature between -40˚C to 85˚C.
- You find these hardware PCB in male and female parts alongside a through-hole.
Why Are Card Guides Useful As Hardware PCB?
When mounting circuit boards in restricted areas, you employ PCB card guides such as a PCB rack. Keeping in mind the direction of mounting, you can employ a horizontal or vertical guide.
Using a card guide helps you reduce space needs and avoid bending of the board.
Card guides allows simple installation while those with adhesive surfaces offering locking mechanisms which improves your board’s stability.
You also have card guides that can aid in offering PCB protection from mechanical shocks such as vibration.
What Types Of Card Guides Are Available For Use As Hardware PCB?
You find the following card guide types available as hardware PCB:
Horizontal/Snap-In/Deep Channel Card Guides
You benefit from increased shock and vibration resistance when using this card guide type.
These card guides come in horizontal shape with nylon material allowing maximum PCB retention and a wide range of operating temperature.
Horizontal card guide
Vertical/Snap-In/Locking Card Guides
With this card guide type, you find effective use where you have need for increased stability.
You have a vertical mount with locking taps tightly securing the board with double channel tension guides allowing mounting side-by-side.
verticle card guide
Horizontal/ No Mount/ Adhesive/Slide In/One Sided Card Guides
When you need parallel mounting with increased stability, you employ this type of card guide.
one sided card guide
These cards employ plastic and nylon material while offering simpler installation and even PCB removal.
How Do You Implement Card Ejectors As Hardware PCB?
A card ejector/puller is a hardware PCB device that helps you remove a card from tight spaces relieving the board from stress.
You find it attached to the board as a handle, allowing you to pull it out without damaging the circuitry.
A card ejector functions as a lever and works by mechanically applying a force to steer the chassis.
You attach the card puller to a PCB allowing pulling in and out especially where insertion and withdrawal is challenging.
What Fan Accessories Can You Employ As Hardware PCB?
For heat management on your PCB, fan accessories the best alternative form hardware PCB.
You’ll need the correct parts to improve the safety and efficiency of your fan.
Fan filters help you avoid internal damage, by removing dust particles and other fragments from path of airflow.
You have filters made from metal such as aluminum and stainless steel or felt filters.
Metal filters permit greater unrestricted air flow while eliminating more dust.
Additionally, they are easier to clean when compared to felt filters and have a more streamlined appearance.
However, while felt filters are more difficult to clean, they keep dust and other invading particles out. The construction of a felt fan also consumes much room.
You can purchase a fan filter set that includes a filter cover, finger guard and mesh/felt filter.
A fan gasket is a hardware PCB piece that offers insulation from vibration and subsequent noise while also inhibiting air leakage.
You enhance efficiency, reduce backflow of air and accompanying pressure losses by securing the fan and housing fissure.
A fan guard prevents dust and water from entering your PCB and can be plastic or metal.
Choosing plastic or metal is a personal decision based on cost, and the aesthetic and strength you desire.
You utilize a screw-mount feature in the installation of a metal fan guard with plastic being more adaptable.
You can however find a screw-mount feature for a plastic fan guard.
Fan mounts assist in positioning and securing your fan with special mounts such as rubber mounts featuring anti-vibration, reducing fan noise.
The material you find in such mounts are elastomers like the ABS (Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene) or silicone rubber.
By using fan rivets instead of screws and nuts to mount your fan, you simplify the operation saving time and money.
Prongs on fan snap rivets enlarge during pin press thus securing the rivet.
You can also employ push fan rivets, which are simple to use and enlarge upon forced entry resulting in a snug fit
. You can easily remove it by pulling the head.
Where Do You Employ LED Mounting Hardware For Your PCB?
LED components in hardware PCB include spacer mounts which keep your LED lights in place and prevent them from moving about.
LED spacers elevate the LED off the board’s shell increasing stability, firmness, and height adjustments.
Using stiff and stable material simplifies the PCB’s manufacturing process in addition to handling repairs and service.
LED mounts and holders are also important components of the hardware PCB.
Before connecting the LED to your board, your LED mount requires apertures for leads’ passage.
You can employ different hole sizes, however, you need an accurate hole count for your LED spacer to accommodate the leads.
An LED lens holder is pivotal where you have no direct attachment of the LED to the PCB.
Additionally, you can require an LED light pipe, for light transfer between the mounted LED and PCB.
Using LED light pipes results in great visuals and consistent lighting while considerably decreasing flashes and dark spots.
You also find LED light pipes are simple to set up.
What LED Accessories Can You Employ As Hardware PCB?
You find the need of different LED accessories as hardware PCB as follows:
The LED lens holder allows you angular light transmission at 10o that you can use with a sealing ring or without.
It features a standard LED socket fashioned from polycarbonate material and a wide range of operating temperature between -40˚F to 266˚F.
LED Light Pipe
When you want to provide flawless lighting at particular points, the LED light pipe is convenient.
It can come in two shapes: flat or dome with electrostatic discharge protection.
With this accessory, you can manually mount LEDs perpendicular to the PCB (90o).
You have options for LED sizes 3mm and 5mm with the temperature of operation ranging between -40˚C to 120˚C.
Allow you to easily connect the lead wires and avoid shorting while also providing automatic insertion and pre-assembly.
LED spacers can be round with a standard fit to reduce shifting and height differences with wire retention offering stability.
What Is The Role Of Transistor Insulators In Hardware PCB?
You require transistor insulators to effectively transmit heat from your transistors to the heatsink.
While you can use thermal grease, it is a time-consuming and messy option.
You position the transistor insulators between the heatsinks and the transistors instead.
The transistor can transfer thermal energy as well as inhibit electrical signal transfer.
Silicon rubber and fiberglass are common material in transistor insulators. These transistor insulators operate within a temperature range of -60˚C to 150˚C.
Your heatsink warms up and eliminates the heat as a result.
You can employ covers to protect your transistors to avoid a circuit shorting or causing electric shock to your transistor insulator.
What Materials Can You Use For Hardware PCB?
In PCBs and their components, materials play a crucial role.
Because PCB solutions are available in a variety of materials, it’s critical that you understand the qualities of each.
Knowledge of PCB material provides you with an estimate of the solution’s performance. Here’s a rundown of common hardware PCB materials:
Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene is a high-impact, chemical, and abrasion-resistant plastic with good stiffness and strength.
It’s simple to manufacture and thermoform resulting in excellent dimensional stability
The ABS has outstanding electrical qualities and can work to temperatures reaching 80°C.
Acetal is a strong and stiff material with a low frictional coefficient against polymers and metal. It is thus a suitable choice for dimensional stability.
Other features include:
- Decent electrical properties and low water absorption.
- Excellent wear qualities.
- Insulator that can withstand temperatures ranging from 77°C to 97°C.
- Melting temperature ranges from 160 to 184 degrees Celsius.
- Organic solvent and fatigue resistance.
Brass consists a broad category of copper-zinc alloys possessing different qualities such as machinability, ductility, strength, hardness, wear and corrosion resistance, and conductivity (thermal and electrical).
Using zinc boosts the strength of copper and improves other qualities such as thermal conductivity.
At low temperatures, brass does not become brittle, lasts long and is appealing to the eye.
When you employ nylon material, you find the following qualities:
- Additionally, glass-filled nylon features can operate within a temperature range of 75 to 130 degrees Celsius.
- For heat-stabilized nylon, it offers you the same mechanical qualities as Nylon 6/6, but with the added benefit of heat resistance.
- Glass-filled nylon has tensile strengths over 30,000 psi, translating to a 200 percent strength increase over standard resin.
- Heat-stabilized nylon can also withstand temperatures reaching 125 degrees Celsius.
- Impact-modified nylon offers you extraordinary impact strength at reduced temperatures than nylon 6/6 and is resistant to thermal distortion.
- It is resistant to many chemicals even though weak acids are a concern.
- Resists thermal energy, corrosion, and abrasions.
Polycarbonate is a sturdy, firm, and robust material that can withstand temperatures as high as 140°C and as low as -20°C.
It is amorphous featuring good dimensional stability and excellent mechanical qualities.
Polycarbonate is slow-burning and thermally resistant to temperatures as high as 135°C with reduced chemical and abrasion resistance.
When exposed to UV light for an extended period of time, polycarbonate yellows.
Polystyrene is an excellent electrical insulator and a chemically resistant material to weakened acids and bases. Other features are:
- Low tolerance to oxygen and UV rays.
- Due to the rigidity of the polymer backbone, it is brittle and has weak strength on impact.
- Because of the low crystallinity, the top temperature limit for continuous use is low.
- Copolymerization with other monomers can compensate for some of its flaws.
For instance, when you copolymerize with ABS, it increases stress and impact resistance as well as tensile strength.
Polyvinyl Chloride is a dense plastic that resists impact deformation, chemicals and has a high tensile strength.
However, its heat stability is poor, requiring additives during the manufacturing process thus offering stability at greater temperatures.
PVC melts between 100°C to 260°C, with tensile strengths reaching 3,625 psi for flexible PVC and 9,000 psi for non-flexible PVC.
It also has a temperature of heat deflection of 92°C.
Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion resulting from concentrated solutions and acid compounds.
This material is highly ductile with excellent qualities for drawing, shaping, and spinning.
What Do You Consider When Selecting Hardware PCB?
Several factors come into play when selecting the hardware PCB appropriate for you. Some of these factors include:
The Area of Application.
You have different applications for hardware PCB including:
- Consumer electronics and office machinery, where use supports high conductivity and insulating solutions built for intensive use.
- Data and electrical cabinets, where they provide solutions for limited space.
- White goods in which you derive heat stability and aesthetic purpose.
- Automotive systems which require high reliability, extended service life, heat stability light features and miniaturization.
Required Mounting Type
You have five mounting types you consider as follows:
- Adhesive Base: You employ a backing of adhesive tape to ensure a firm hold.
- Blind Hole: The attached fins on hardware PCB hold securely to the blind holes.
- Snap Fit: Pushes into position creating a secure hold.
- Snap Lock: While the hold is secure upon pushing into position, it also is releasable.
- Threaded: you can use this mounting type to hold hardware in position with standard, self-tapping and undercut options.
The Type of PCB Substrate
Your PCB substrate can employ either rigid or flexible material the latter ideal for snap-in or snap-fit components.
Substrate materials employing flexible material find use with push spacer for support minus board penetration.
Use of Plastic or Metal
Plastic material includes nylon, polycarbonate, acetal, polystyrene and PVC.
Advantages are: lightweight property, corrosion resistance, low cost when mass producing, and reduced risk of short circuit.
Metal you can use for hardware PCB are steel, brass and stainless steel.
Attached benefits include: high tensile strength and impact resistance, electrical conductivity, and better thermal resistance.
How Do Card Guides Compare To Card Pullers As Hardware PCB?
Card guides are hardware PCB that come in handy when working in small spaces such as the PCB rack. Depending on the direction of mounting the PCB, you can utilize a horizontal or vertical PCB card guide.
You employ card guides to save space and reduce chances of the boards bending.
They are simple to put up, and can have sticky backs or a locking mechanism offering increased stability. Additionally, some options can help when shielding your PCB from shocks and vibration.
Also, card pullers, card ejectors help relieve stress on the PCB and its circuitry by detaching it from restricted areas.
You mount ejectors on the board with a handle allowing you to easily pull the board out without damaging the circuitry.
The card ejector basically acts as a lever working by the application of mechanical force to a chassis.
The circuit board puller attaches to a board aiding in pull out and push back whenever there’s difficulty in insertion and extraction.
For all your hardware PCBs, contact Venture Electronics now.