Top Reasons Why Green PCB is better:
In the early stages, yawning to technical constraint, quality controls depended on humans to manually verify the boards directly. There are factors why the green PCB is great to the other Circuit boards.
The surface of PCBs is frequently shown using a solder mask. This is a role in reducing polymer that defend copper rails against damp and particle damaged.
Why does the PCB’s insulating green paint peel off when the printed circuit board is in an automatic tin furnace?
After the PCB is beyond the automatic tin furnace, the heat insulation green paint on the under-board line will peel off. Don’t know why?
There are three reason possibilities for green paint peeling.
The first is that the green paint is not sufficient to withstand the tin furnace test. This may be because the failure of the green paint to expire or the poor operation.
Green paint used by the industry almost always carries out test procedures such as heat resistance and reliability. Therefore, there should be no problem with normality.
Why are PCBs green?
Glass epoxy is green
One of the most clearly answers is that glass epoxy, which was originally used to make PCB solder masks is green.
Nowadays, green is still the most universally colour, and therefore the cheapest to proceed, so it is still the default colour used on 21st century printed circuit boards.
Green is considered the standard PCB color. As a leading color PCB fabricator, we can offer you a wide array of excellent quality Green PCB for your projects.
Venture is one of a reliable supplier of green PCB, white PCB, orange PCB, purple PCB, yellow PCB, red PCB, and many more.
Your Leading Green PCB Supplier in China
Venture is a leading provider of common solder mask color for PCBs. And these are green, red, yellow, black, white, or blue. If you are looking for a verified supplier who deals with excellent quality green PCB, then you are in the right place.
Venture green PCB gives a highly visible indicator of the revision changes to make you aware. Our green PCB produces brightness or a contract.
This color prevents different types of mistakes in a mixed assembly that may occur. It helps you identifies assembly that is lead-free.
Venture green PCB is designed to match by using blue and red color as the black and yellow color has significantly less resolution. It is to be noted that solder masks with clear transparency tend to have high resolution.
Every Venture color PCB doesn’t affect the working or the motherboard. Because we monitor every part of the PCB construction to satisfy your needs.
At your design stage, the Venture design team recommends the best color for your PCB design.
Venture produces a wide array of green PCB that will suit to your specifications and requirements. All the green PCB we provide will match all your PCB needs.
We have more than 10 years in providing green PCB to different industries all around the world along with our 100% quality guaranteed policy.
For your green PCB needs, you’ll need to source at Venture. Our green PCB is offered at very competitive rates.
For your inquiries, please contact our friendly team right now!
Green PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Before investing in a new green PCB, read tis guide.
It has all information that will help you choose high performance and reliable green PCB.
Keep reading to learn more about this color PCB.
- What is a Green PCB?
- What are the Advantages of Green PCB?
- What are the Important Properties of Green PCB Laminate to Consider?
- Which are the Main Parts of Green PCB?
- What are the Available Copper Thickness Options for Green PCB?
- Can you Fabricate Different Types of Green PCB?
- What Type of Solder Mask do you Use for Standard Green PCB?
- How long does the Process of Green PCB Assembly take from Start to Finish?
- What should I show in Green PCB Drill File: Finished Hole Diameter or Drill Diameter?
- How do you Determine the Trace Width Required for Green PCB Design?
- What is the Standard Trace Width and Space for Flexible Green PCB?
- What is the Recommended Silkscreen Color for Green PCB?
- Which is the Recommended Green PCB Construction Drawing File Format?
- Why is RS274X the Preferred green PCB Gerber File Type?
- What is Centroid Data in Green PCB Manufacturing?
- When do I need to Add Break-away Rails in Green PCB?
- Which are the Available Green PCB Surface Finishes?
- Do the Solder and Plating Affect the Shelf Life of Green PCB?
- What is the Smallest Green PCB Size that you can Produce?
- Is there Standard Green PCB Laminate Thickness?
- What is the Important Information to include in Green PCB Construction Instructions?
- Why should Green PCB be Electrically Tested?
- What Data is Necessary for a Turnkey Green PCB Assembly Order?
- Do you Supply Lead-free Green PCB?
- Can you Provide a Green PCB Prototype Assembly Service?
- What factors Determine the Green PCB Assembly Price?
- Are there High-Frequency Green PCB Materials?
- To what Acceptability Standards is Green PCB Built?
What is a Green PCB?
Ideally, Green PCB are boards with green solder mask.
Green is the most preferred PCB color because it’s more appealing to the eyes and allows easy placement of PCB components.
What are the Advantages of Green PCB?
Green PCB is more advantageous in the following ways:
- An increase in demand leads to the cost being relatively low.
Green PCB have been famously adapted and used by many people which leads to high demand for the manufacturers.
- Green PCB is less irritating to the eyes. Therefore, manufacturers can follow traces on the board and point out any anomalies that may lead to the malfunctioning.
- Offers a great solder mask dam of 0.1mm that is 4mm hence making it more superior to other PCBs
- The Green coating prevents the plates from conducting currents that might cause constant shocks.
- Has a high contrasting effect that allows the white color to be used on the drilled holes.
What are the Important Properties of Green PCB Laminate to Consider?
When choosing which laminates to use on the Green PCB, you should first evaluate the properties of the laminates.
These properties include:
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: it measures the rate at which the substrate material expands when heated.
- Glass Transition Temperature: at this temperature deformation and softening of materials by this heat ensures there is constant dialect.
- Shear and Tensile Strength and Tensile: allow you to examine the strength of the solder joints and the elasticity of the Green PCB materials used.
Which are the Main Parts of Green PCB?
Green PCB comprises layers with different material compositions. Every layer has its specific functionality.
These layers are the major parts of the Green PCB:
- Substrate: consists of elements such as epoxy resin, glass weave, and ceramic that enhance dialect constant. Examples of Green PCB substrates include: FR-4 and Alumina
- Laminates: comprises elements such as fiberglass, thermoset resin, or paper layers which are put under desirable pressure to meet the consumer requirements.
- Solder mask: This is a layer that consists of a polymer. Manufacturers apply this Polymer on the copper traces that prevents constant current shocks caused by current bridges.
It also prevents the oxidation of copper plates used on the Green PCB.
- Silkscreen: this layer uses traces of ink to identify all the Green PCB components. Silkscreen is commonly made of Polyester material.
What are the Available Copper Thickness Options for Green PCB?
When you are selecting how thick the copper materials should be on Green PCB, you should first put the following factors into consideration:
- Mechanical strength of the copper material.
- Capacity of current that causes a heat rise.
- Size of the hole that is to be drilled on the copper material.
Putting all these factors together the available Green PCB Copper thickness is:
- External layer: 0.1mil to 0.28mil
- Internal layer:0.2 mil to 0.3 mil
Can you Fabricate Different Types of Green PCB?
Yes, fabrication of different types of Green PCB is achievable.
Here are some types of Green PCB and how you can fabricate them:
- Single-side Green PCB: This involves a single layer of substrate and a thin metal layer on the circuit board. This allows the soldering of all the components onto a single side.
- Double-side Green PCB: allows fabrication on both sides of the substrate using the conductive metals. For connection purposes, holes are drilled at the middle of the circuit board to allow you to pass connections on both sides.
- Multi-layer Green PCB: fabricated by adding one more layer to the double-layer that is stack on top of each other using special glue. Insulators are used in this type of Green PCB to prevent the transfer of heat.
- Flex Green PCB: combines the technology of single-sided, double-sided, and multilayer Green PCBs. They also contain shear and tensile strengths that allow changes in shapes when need be.
- Rigid Green PCB: fabricated to always maintain the original shape. Normally, substrate materials used are usually rugged to prevent deformation.
- Rigid-flex Green PCB: allows fabrication and application of both rigid and flexible substrate materials on the same circuit board. These types are efficient in saving space on the circuit board.
- Aluminum-backed Green PCB: the fabrication process allows the use of aluminum substrate instead of fiberglass.
- High-frequency Green PCB: the fabrication process allows the sending of high signals of up to 2GHZ by the circuit board.
Rigid-Flex Green PCB
What Type of Solder Mask do you Use for Standard Green PCB?
We normally use the Liquid Photo Imaginable solder mask for standard Green PCB. This solder mask commonly uses ink formulation which you can spray on the Green PCB surface.
After spraying the ink formulation, you should expose it to Ultraviolet rays from drying.
This as result leads to the formation of a mask that we remove using developers. Developers comprise high-pressure water spray.
How long does the Process of Green PCB Assembly take from Start to Finish?
Consumer satisfaction greatly affects the assembling process of the Green PCB component. Different factors determine how fast the assembling process will take from the start to the finish.
These factors include:
- If you have all the production materials, production takes 14 working days.
- Inspection of quality of the final product of Green PCB. This usually takes one day which should be a business/working day.
- Assembling of the Green PCB takes 3 working days
- The maximum duration it takes to ship the final product. This takes 1 to 2 working days.
What should I show in Green PCB Drill File: Finished Hole Diameter or Drill Diameter?
You should show a finished hole diameter in the Green PCB Drill file. This allows you to determine how you will solder the components onto the surface. It also helps you determine the tolerance of the hole.
How do you Determine the Trace Width Required for Green PCB Design?
When Determining the trace width required for Green PCB design the following are the factors to consider:
- The spacing allowed in between traces
- The amount of current flow passed through the traces
- You should also consider the pitch and sizes of pads used in connecting the traces.
What is the Standard Trace Width and Space for Flexible Green PCB?
Trace width and spacing vary in thickness of the copper foils laid on each layer. The ESMG body provides standards that determine the trace width and space for Flexible Green PCB.
Here are some of the standard trace widths and spacing recommended:
- 003’’ trace width and space for 1/3 OZ OF Copper
- 004’” trace width and space for ½ OZ of copper
- 005 “’ trace width and space for 1OZ of copper
- 007”’ trace width and space for 2 OZ of copper
What is the Recommended Silkscreen Color for Green PCB?
For Green PCB, you should select the white color because it blends perfectly with Green solder mask applied on the Green PCB. This enhances the visual perception and its less irritating to the eyes.
Which is the Recommended Green PCB Construction Drawing File Format?
The preferred Green PCB Drawing file formats include:
- RS274X Gerber (.gbr, .pho, etc.)
- AutoCAD (.dwg or .dxf)
- Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- ODB++ (.tgz)
- HPGL (.hpg, .plt)
- Graphic file (.jpg, .gif, .tif, etc.)
- Readme files (.doc, .txt, .rpt)
Why is RS274X the Preferred green PCB Gerber File Type?
RS274X is the most preferred file type on Green PCB because of the following reasons:
It contains CAD that acts as a default for system output.
Allows artwork plotting on Green PCB.
Use of RS274X Gerber file on Green PCB eliminates interpretation of errors.
What is Centroid Data in Green PCB Manufacturing?
Refers to file type that determines the X and Y coordinates (X, Y), the rotation on a Green PCB. Centroid data has a format of aligning each component element on the Green PCB.
When do I need to Add Break-away Rails in Green PCB?
The addition of Break-away Rail to Green PCB is vitally important if:
- The spacing between the copper materials and edges of the board is lesser than 3.5mm (equivalent to 138mil).
- If there is a need to panelize boards on the Green PCB. This occurs mostly if the board you are using is of any shape.
Note, for you to assemble Green PCB, Break-away rail allows you to add two parallel board edges to enhance the assembly process.
Which are the Available Green PCB Surface Finishes?
Surface finishing is a vital stage during the manufacturing of the Green PCB.
Here are some of the reasons for using surface finishing on Green PCB:
- To prevent the oxidation process that might occur causing the wear and tear of the copper plates.
- It provides maximum soldering surface for all the components the manufacturer intends to use.
Green PCB Surface Finishes
Below are some of the Green PCB surface finishes:
- Hot Air Solder Level (HASL): offers a relatively low price as it uses Tin and Lead to form a thick protective layer on the Green PCB.
- Immersion Silver: allows copper and silver to directly diffuse into each other through the displacement of chemicals. As a result, a protective layer that is lead-free forms on the surface of Green PCB.
- Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold: This method combines nickel and Gold to produce a protective layer on the Green PCB surface.
This combination gives an exemplary finishing. The Gold coating prevents corrosion of the nickel which protects the metal board at the base.
- Electroless Nickel Electroless Palladium Immersion Gold: comprised of four major metal layer that has made it standing out among the other surface finishing.
These metals are nickel, gold, copper, and palladium. A decrease in the prices of palladium has led to its affordability.
- Lead-free HASL: this surface finishing is free of lead and uses tin, nickel, and copper to form the protective layer on the Green PCB. The cost is also relatively low making it more affordable.
Do the Solder and Plating Affect the Shelf Life of Green PCB?
Yes, Solder and plating of Green PCB greatly influence its lifespan. Plating not only adds an extra layer on the PCB, it also provides extra protection to the board.
Therefore, this increases the Green PCB lifespan.
Solders prevents oxidation of copper plates on Green PCB that negatively affects the edges and solder joints of the PCB.
This oxidation may lead to wear and tear of green PCB component leading to poor performance, hence reduced shelf life.
What is the Smallest Green PCB Size that you can Produce?
Green PCB size vary with the customer’s requirements. We consider the following factors while producing different sizes for the Green PCB:
- The size of the product you want to use the Green PCB on.
- The type of Green PCB you want to use. That is, you can choose to use the single-sided, doubled -side or multilayer Green PCB.
Therefore, considering these factors the smallest size that we can produce is 5mm square that is only suitable for medical devices.
Is there Standard Green PCB Laminate Thickness?
No, Standard Green PCB laminate varies in thickness depending on the function it’s intended to perform.
To determine how thick the Green PCB laminate should be, there are factors you should consider One of the factors is the number of copper foils used in forming each layer.
You should also check the pre-preg thickness. The Pre-preg layer comprises meshed fiber that you can saturate with resin to bind it at the core of the Green PCB.
What is the Important Information to include in Green PCB Construction Instructions?
You should include the following information while providing the construction instructions on Green PCB:
- Hole size with specified tolerance and plating status information. for instance, penetrate through -hole (PTH)
- Silkscreen requirements
- Solder mask requirements: this allows the manufacturers to apply the type of solder mask you request.
- Surface finishing preferences
- Finished copper weight for both external and internal layers
- Board outline dimensions: allows you to determine thickness, width, and spacing on the board. Additionally, you should specify the tolerance.
- Finished Green PCB thickness with its tolerance and all the measurement criteria.
- Technical contact information
Why should Green PCB be Electrically Tested?
Electrical testing is the final operation carried out on Green PCB.
This is to ensure there is a continuous flow of current and detection of any shorts caused by exposed components on a Green PCB.
What Data is Necessary for a Turnkey Green PCB Assembly Order?
Turnkey Green PCB assembly involves the use of cloud-based software used by the manufacturers to develop Green circuit boards for small-scale consumers.
This method is time-saving and cost-effective for small-scale consumers to adopt.
You should provide the following data to the manufacturers:
- A list of all components that includes designing, manufacturer part numbers, and all the relevant information that allows the Green PCB assembling. We refer to this as the Bill of materials.
- You should also provide CAD data files that act as the default system on the Gerber files.
- Additionally, you can provide centroid files that allow you to determine the coordinates used for the assembling of Green PCB. You can align and present these coordinates in the form of X and Y coordinates (X, Y).
Do you Supply Lead-free Green PCB?
Yes, we do supply Lead-free Green PCB.
During the manufacturing of Lead-free Green PCB, we use elements such as Tin, Copper, and few elements of Nickel.
This lead-free Green PCB contains 99.3% of Tin and 0.6% of copper while the rest is nickel. These elements do not cause a reflow when you subject them to high temperatures.
Can you Provide a Green PCB Prototype Assembly Service?
Yes, we do provide a Green PCB prototype. Also, we offer seamless reviews of the Green PCB from its fabrication to the assembling process.
Green PCB Prototyping Service
What factors Determine the Green PCB Assembly Price?
It is important to put into consideration the approximate cost you might incur during the assembly of Green PCB. These considerations include:
- The size of the circuit board and the number of layers you can use in achieving a complete Green PCB. This implies that if you choose to use a large PCB the more materials you will require.
- Type of technology used to mount the copper materials onto each other. Some processes require increased physical labor to achieve the assembling process.
- The quantity of Green PCB ordered. When the consumer orders a large amount of Green PCB, it is more cost-saving than ordering small batches of Green PCB.
The suppliers may add other additional costs that you are not aware of hence it’s important to always plan for such scenarios.
Are there High-Frequency Green PCB Materials?
Yes, there are high-frequency materials that the manufacturers use in designing a Green PCB.
We classify these high-frequency materials into two:
Powder Cellamic materials that range from;
- Rogers 4003C
- Taconic materials
- Arlon 25N materials.
PTFE materials. These materials include;
- F4B, F4BM
- Taconic RF Series, TLX series.
- Arlon AR Series
- Rogers Ro3000 Series, TMM Series
To what Acceptability Standards is Green PCB Built?
Assembling of all the Green PCB components can be complex at times. What is acceptable and what isn’t is determined by the IPC-A-610 standards.
IPC-A-610 examines the different types of classes that determine the Green PCB acceptability. These classes include:
Class 1: In this class, the anomaly hides within the plastic enclosure, as result makes the value of solder joints and components irrelevant. This class is highly prone to defects due to its leniency.
Class 2: This class allows consideration of long-term goals rather than the short-term/essentials of the non-critical electronic assemblies.
Additionally, this class allows you to have a certain degree of imperfection while surface mounting the Green PCB components. For instance, you can surface mount the components slightly aside but still will electronically and mechanically be presentable.
Class 3: We use this class for critical Green PCB assembly. These standards ensure a tidy and neat product.
Slowing of surface mount machine is necessary to allow proper and accurate placement of these components. This process prevents excess scrap during the assembling.
Now, in case you have any question about green PCB, Venture Electronics team is here to help.
Contact us now for all your green PCB needs.